Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

bike wobble

Old 06-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Bred2Run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bike wobble

K guys im new to the bike world but i have ridden my bike previousley for the past 3 months on and off while working on getting the bike running right and rebuilding the carbs and all. Question i have is that i have ridden the same roads all the time.....and today for the first time i had a strange wobble in the front end??? I checked the tire pressure, wheel is tight, bearings are good and everything checked out good. Could it just be that the bike was tracking in the groove like a car does sometimes??? or rough roads and just not used to riding yet???

not to mention this was at low speeds of no more than maybe 35-45mph when this happened on florida ave near fowler by dealership alley
Old 06-28-2011, 04:07 PM
weezin the juice

I cant picture a big enough wobble to worry about if you didn't go down and it only happened once. ?
Old 06-28-2011, 05:26 PM

What year and type is the bike?

A lot of things can cause a tank slap/ wobble usually on stock bikes its rider error. Are these the same tires that you have always used? It could be many factors. But the best and quickest way to pull out of one is quickly get on the throttle and pull up on the handle bars like your doing a wheelie.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:47 PM

To many variables... Need to narrow down what you where doing and the condition of the road and also what do you mean by wobble. IE where you on the throttle hard? Was the road wet or have standing water? Where the handle bars moving or just a weird feeling in the front? Most likely it was a OE (Operator Error) issue nothing to do with the bike.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:23 PM
they call me baby Jesus

orbrooks eh?

join date of 12/10 and only 1 post... hrm.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:44 PM
hates change

Originally Posted by Orbrooks
To many variables... Need to narrow down what you where doing and the condition of the road and also what do you mean by wobble. IE where you on the throttle hard? Was the road wet or have standing water? Where the handle bars moving or just a weird feeling in the front? Most likely it was a OE (Operator Error) issue nothing to do with the bike.
stealthc9?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:47 PM
they call me baby Jesus

i unno sorta sounds too educated to be stealth.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:56 AM
Bred2Run

I was just coasting around 40mph and the front end just felt light and weird. Never had it happened to me before and trucks go on this road road pretty often and make grooves in the pavement. Conditions were dry and later that day i took the same test route and it didnt happen at all. If it is me what can i do to avoid this situation????Should i pick different lines in the road, stay in the middle or just need more practice riding and getting use to different senarios and road conditions????

I have a 92 fzr 600 and its pretty much stock except the rear tail fairing and high mount exhaust i made for it.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:06 AM
hates change

sounds like it was the road man...if you cant recreate it..id say there is nothing to worry about...i can get nasty wobbles on the interstates from where the concrete has a crack in it...its the name of the game broham
Old 06-29-2011, 01:37 PM

what tires do you have, i have the Michelin power pures on my bike, the vertical tread pattern in the tires cause them to follow lines in the road sometime nothing crazy just enough for me to feel.

2011 BMW S1000RR
2008 NINJA ZX-10 - sold
2009 NINJA EX250 - sold
2006 NINJA ZX-14 (wrecked)
2005 NINJA 636 plasma blue - sold

Seductive Cycles

Quick Reply: bike wobble