Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

PCSO Now has helicopters

Old 03-11-2011, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCSO Now has helicopters

Pasco County Sheriff Bob White is putting criminals on notice that the long arm of the law has gotten longer.

Thanks to the official March 10 opening of the aviation unit’s new 10,000-square-foot hangar on the grounds of the Land O’ Lakes Jail, deputies can better police and patrol the entire county, White said. They can also do so while saving the taxpayers an estimated $60,000 a year.

“From this central location, (we can) launch our aviation unit on a moment’s notice,” White said during the ribbon-cutting ceremony. “This will give us a longer arm for less cost.”

The aviation unit’s four helicopters and one plane were previously housed in a rented hangar on the west side of the county at Hidden Lake Airport in New Port Richey. The new hangar was built by an in-house team of deputies, using free inmate labor. Detective Karl Crawford, who is also a licensed contractor, helped oversee the project along with Spring Engineering’s Richard Bekesh.

Spring Engineering designed the hangar and worked with deputies throughout the construction process.

Building the hangar on the jail grounds to save money, increase efficiency and take advantage of the strategic central location was an idea that was born in-house.

“He (White) probably thought we were crazy when a bunch of us came to him and said, ‘We want to build a hangar,’ ” said Maj. Chris Nocco. “He actually believed in us. Thank you for believing in us.”

Construction on the hangar began in August 2010. The project cost a total of $336,686 thanks to the use of inmate labor and deputy oversight.

The decision to handle the building in-house was made to save taxpayers money, said Kevin Doll, sheriff’s office spokesman. The county had received bids for $1,025,000 and $752,210 from outside companies, but decided to build the project itself for less.

“The cost to the taxpayers was really the central reason we took this on,” said White.

The aviation unit is in the process of moving into the hangar, which is located near the inmates’ garden at 20101 Central Blvd. in Land O’ Lakes.

“To say we’re tickled pink is an understatement,” White said

Pasco Sheriff

Originally Posted by Lime_Green_Hatch
i carry a gun because so many other losers and wanna be gangsters do.
Originally Posted by JH26
Morty,

The fact that I have red hair and no soul makes me very angry. I just wanted to let you know that when I swear and sling insults at you, its really because deep down inside, I hate myself. Please buy me some hair dye for my birthday.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:12 AM
Col. John Hannibal Smith

They already had the helicopters.... They are just now in a better location to be deployed more quickly and efficiently
Old 03-12-2011, 06:17 AM

free inmate labor lol, stealthc9 u better go get your meth now before the helicopters raid them out
This is BIKE TECH. going off topic is what we do. learn it, live it, love it.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Tit Pic Enforcer

This means nothing to me !!! I try to avoid Pasco at all cost.

"KingOfAllBlacks" Y'all suck. I'm taking my new stolen bike,
My chicken and all of your white woman and going home

"When a man has done his best, has given his all, and in the process supplied the needs of his family and his society, that man has made a habit of succeeding."
Old 03-12-2011, 01:12 PM

99% of the time I never leave hillsborough but occasionally Ill go to pinellas. Ive never been to pasco
This is BIKE TECH. going off topic is what we do. learn it, live it, love it.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:21 PM

Well if any of you do North Runs it can be a value to know this...

Morty,

The fact that I have red hair and no soul makes me very angry. I just wanted to let you know that when I swear and sling insults at you, its really because deep down inside, I hate myself. Please buy me some hair dye for my birthday.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Col. John Hannibal Smith

Originally Posted by stealthc9
For sure my friend And thank you for looking out.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Once Ruled The World .l..

Originally Posted by stealthc9
Um, they don't need a Helicopter to chase your 250, I think Pasco would be better served with Vespas or Honda Rebels...
Besides, they don't need to chase anyone, just have more meth stings, and eventually they would get ya...

TR
"Old Skool EF & DA Crews" Member #46
TR "Wagovan Club" Member #1
Old 03-13-2011, 06:37 AM

Morty, just no. And I don't do North Runs at the moment. I have bigger fish to fry. I spent all day yesterday in Reddington Beach,Madira Beach,and Indian Rocks.

Morty go suck more admin dick, you're a piss poor moderator.

Morty,

Last edited by stealthc9; 03-13-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:38 AM
BELOW M3

Originally Posted by Stealth
They already had the helicopters.... They are just now in a better location to be deployed more quickly and efficiently
I don't think he read the article before he posted...he just saw helicopters and got excited.

What is so glamorous about spending the day at the beach?

Quick Reply: PCSO Now has helicopters