Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Please read this.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Goodtimes!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please read this.

Scott is a smart man. Please dont comment unless some of noobs will understand it.

Originally Posted by PoppaNoDoz
Take a look around you, look at yourself, look at your riding buddies.

* One or more of you is going to crash and break an arm, collarbone or ribs by August
* One or more of you will be dead by August

It may be you, it may be me, it may be someone you're close to. It's gonna happen.

Some of you will leave motorcycling forever after this year - you'll see someone do something stupid and die or nearly die and you'll walk away forever. When you leave, you'll say that sportbikers are crazy and they go too fast and yada yada yada. You'll stop being "one of us" and will become "one of them." It's sad and inevitable.

What can be done?

CALM THE FCK DOWN on these rides!!

The street is not a racetrack. There's no ribbon for first place. You (YOU! and ME!!) need to calm down, breathe, enjoy the experience. If you're worried about keeping up, looking cool, if you're worried at ALL then GET OFF YOUR BIKE.

This isn't about laptimes, this isn't about 'street credibility' or who has the reputation for being fast. This is about having fun. That's it, FUN. Remember when you were a kid and having fun was more important than winning the game?

Calm down, focus. Get to a track day. Enjoy the corners, relax on the straights, do NOT get in over your head. The MINUTE you have a close call on a ride (THE FIRST CLOSE CALL) get off your bike and relax for a minute. Usually, before the fatal crash there are a couple of "close calls" - these are god's little warnings.

Either pay attention to the warning or die. No middle ground, no second chances, no forgiveness.

Good luck out there - see you at the Funeral. I'm doing what I can to keep it from being mine, you do the same - k?
Old 03-08-2010, 01:27 PM
hates change

i like.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:04 PM
weezin the juice

Good point. I went for a ride yesterday by myself and while at a light I was adjusting my gear and some dude pulled up next to me just roaring. I gave him a nod and such...He proceeded to cut through my lane(right side of lane) and began swerving in and out of traffic...I was having a great time just riding, I don't understand why people must make others uncomfortable when they ride. Not only does it put you in a position that you don't know what will happen, it causes you to lose your focus on the road. Be safe out there!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Goodtimes!

Sticky Please.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:39 PM

+1

Originally Posted by Lime_Green_Hatch
i carry a gun because so many other losers and wanna be gangsters do.
Originally Posted by JH26
Morty,

The fact that I have red hair and no soul makes me very angry. I just wanted to let you know that when I swear and sling insults at you, its really because deep down inside, I hate myself. Please buy me some hair dye for my birthday.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Thread TERRORIST

The stickies in this section may be changing a bit. That article or this thread will be part of the new stickies. For now I'll sticky it, but you may see it vanish or be consolidated into other threads.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Goodtimes!

ok
Old 03-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Resident Ginger Kid...

Originally Posted by Clifford
Good point. I went for a ride yesterday by myself and while at a light I was adjusting my gear and some dude pulled up next to me just roaring. I gave him a nod and such...He proceeded to cut through my lane(right side of lane) and began swerving in and out of traffic...I was having a great time just riding, I don't understand why people must make others uncomfortable when they ride. Not only does it put you in a position that you don't know what will happen, it causes you to lose your focus on the road. Be safe out there!
I have to say I see this alot lately... About a month ago I rode from Palm Harbor to Clearwater for shits and gigs. I am traveling east on Curlew from CR1 and when I come to the light at Belcher this kid busts a U turn, rides the bike lane and passes 5-7 cars to come up next to me. Im in my leather jacket, gloves, helmet, the usual. He has a helmet on and thats it with a long sleeve shirt. Says too me "arnt you hot in that jacket" I said well a little bit but better safe then sorry. He goes on about how its to hot so I begin to ignore him hoping the light turns green. Then he seals the deal with this line, looks at my TL, and asks what kind of bike. I said its a Suzuki TL1000R, he nods and says how did you get your exhaust to sound like a harley. I said it has a V-twin (not to mention the V-Twin superbike sticker on the tail section) He nods his head and says ya my friend has one of those Gsxr 1k's too. Im like its not a gsxr man, hes like well what did you do to not make it a Gsxr. Light turns green and I ride off.

Then I turn right to head south on US19 from Curlew and he follows behind me, then comes flying up next to me in the same lane so I change and get away from him. As the time were comming up on Republic (right before the mainstreet exit) he gets up next to me in the left lane and throws me the peace sign, slows down, does a flyby and then slams on the brakes and flys over 4 lanes to turn at Republic and got way into my personal riding space and had me worried in the lane change excercise.

I dont mind harmless chit chat since I do ride a bastard child of a bike, But when you act like a dumb fuck like this it is unnescesary... Use your heads

2005 Joe Gibbs Silverado # 0396
1988 Monte Carlo SS 5.3/T56 and too many mods.
2003 Honda 954RR
Old 03-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Once Ruled The World .l..

^^^ LMAO...

We really need a Welcome Noobs area...

TR
"Old Skool EF & DA Crews" Member #46
TR "Wagovan Club" Member #1
Old 03-23-2010, 07:26 AM

^ dude gtfo of bike tech, ur an idiot.

Originally Posted by Lime_Green_Hatch
i carry a gun because so many other losers and wanna be gangsters do.
Originally Posted by JH26
Morty,

The fact that I have red hair and no soul makes me very angry. I just wanted to let you know that when I swear and sling insults at you, its really because deep down inside, I hate myself. Please buy me some hair dye for my birthday.