Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

another problem with my bike.........

Old 06-30-2009, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another problem with my bike.........

Went to Hooters last Wed. and bike rode good all night. Next day bike was running slightly crappy. So I was planning on pulling my carbs and cleaning them tomorrow.

So last night on my way to work I stop at gas station to fill up. Pull up to the pump and let off throttle and bike sounds like it is about to die with a terrible idle.

I was not very low on gas at all but filled it up anyway as I was planning on maybe doing some riding today. Get back on bike, it starts right up and runs ok and procede to my work place right around the corner. Park the bike and getting same shitty idle as if about to stall out.

Go to leave work this morning and I try to start the bike all I got was Vroom then nothing. After several more attempts with some waiting between each attempt all I got it to do was give me one more Vroom then die right afterwards again.

So I returned later to try again. Got it to Vroom one more time and die right afterwards and just could not get it started. Got it towed home, pulled the tank off. I could see fuel in the midline fuel filter. Pulled the filter and the gas in it poured freely through it. I took everything off, stopping short of pulling the carbs off too to check for any loose vacuum lines. Hooked the battery back up and tried to start the bike to see if pump was working. The remaining fuel in the pump shot out so I assume it is working. With everything taken off the bike ran for a few seconds till I shut it off. I put it back together and tried to strat. Got it to give me one Vroom then die.

ANy ideas? The bike is a 98 zx6r btw