Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Flashing Headlight! WTF

Old 06-11-2009, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Flashing Headlight! WTF

Is it just me or do other people who ride feel the same way about riders (cruisers especially) who have their freakin headlight flashing CONSTANTLY! I thought it was against the law to have that going on, someone said once that it was impersonating a police vehicle. Same with having blue or different color blinkers and lights on your car or bike....

I just wanted to put it out there and see if anyone felt the same way I did about the situation. If your going to be on a motorcycle then yes.... you have the chance that your not going to be seen by some stupid, head up their ass driver but there is still no reason for having your headlight flashing constantly.

Bike for sale.... $4,000 or best offer.

2000 GSXR750 with 16K miles
Perfect condition.... runs great. Lots of extras and accessories come with.....

Power Commander, K&N Air Filter, Euro undertail with matching rear tire hugger, Chrome RS3 Tri-Oval Yosh Pipe and more.......
Old 06-11-2009, 08:08 AM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

yes I hate it..

and yes I think a sport bike would get pulled over for it.

but harleys can ride drunk and cops look the other way, so no cop will pull one over for the flashing headlight.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Ford F0rum Native

They don't bother me to much. I've only seen them during the day though. If they flash at night also then that would probably piss me off.

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!
- Matt Frewer
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
George Carlin
When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands.
George Carlin
Old 06-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Rojya Productions

I think it's better to assume its a cop and not do anything illegal.

Most of the time said illegal things when other vehicles are around is asking for injury or death.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:39 AM
they call me baby Jesus

1 finger salute
Old 06-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by ???
yes I hate it..

and yes I think a sport bike would get pulled over for it.

but harleys can ride drunk and cops look the other way, so no cop will pull one over for the flashing headlight.
God fucking damn Harleys can. As can all cruisers.

And somehow you squidbikers still get into more wrecks. Go figure.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Ford F0rum Native

Originally Posted by kairojya
I think it's better to assume its a cop and not do anything illegal.

Most of the time said illegal things when other vehicles are around is asking for injury or death.

What? Am i missing something?

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!
- Matt Frewer
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
George Carlin
When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands.
George Carlin
Old 06-11-2009, 04:29 PM
sooo...where's the turbo?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TampaEntourage
Is it just me or do other people who ride feel the same way about riders (cruisers especially) who have their freakin headlight flashing CONSTANTLY! I thought it was against the law to have that going on, someone said once that it was impersonating a police vehicle. Same with having blue or different color blinkers and lights on your car or bike....

I just wanted to put it out there and see if anyone felt the same way I did about the situation. If your going to be on a motorcycle then yes.... you have the chance that your not going to be seen by some stupid, head up their ass driver but there is still no reason for having your headlight flashing constantly.
THere's a dumbass loophole about the difference between FLASHING and MODULATING lights. You're referring to 'modulating' lights, annoyingly legal.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Rojya Productions

Originally Posted by 98DOHC
What? Am i missing something?
Yes.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:38 AM

I agree, they are a distraction and not necessary if you ask me, but I actually watch where I am going when I drive. I understand the idea, but just find people that have the modulated head light and those that ride with their brights on all the time annoying and even dangerous in my opinion for the distraction and/or blinding affect, especially at night.

Now brake lights that flash patterns I feel differently about as they do not blind oncoming traffic or distract you when you catch a glimpse of a flashing light in your mirrors. Those I think may actually help prevent rear end accidents by catching the attention of drivers stopping behind you. I actually manually flash my brake lights until someone is stopped behind me now (I got rear ended on BayShore once upon a time).