Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

how many of you ride your bike to jennings?

Old 04-07-2009, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how many of you ride your bike to jennings?

I don't have any trailer so the only way to go there would be ride up, which seems like it'd be completely fine, other then the modifications you have to do to pass tech inspection..

So do any of you do this? Ride your bike up then modify it to pass inspection?

I'm not sure if its possible (as I don't know ALL of the requirements of a tech inspection) so I thought i'd ask

also is it possible to buy track time from people thru forums ? Kind of like nesba in Georgia you can buy track time for like 65% of normal cost off people on the forums.. wondering if jennings time is able to be sold like this

thanks

Last edited by trancedmp3; 04-07-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Body man extrordinair

dont attempt to ride to jennings, bad idea. rent a pickup from U-haul or something if you really wanna go. or chip in for gas when someone else goes.

Personally i usually go with friend so i put my bike in their trailer and ride up with them.

in order to ride an open track day at jenning all you have to do it tape your lights up, take off your liscence plate, change your coolant out for engine ice or water and water wetter.

DONT TRY TO RIDE TO JENNINGS, RIDE THE TRACK, AND THEN RIDE HOME!

Facebooks
Old 04-07-2009, 08:04 PM
International

^This.

Remember also that you will need a truck to get your bike home after you wreck.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:09 PM

Thks brian, Why not ride there then track? Just wondering whats your reasoning behind saying not to do that?

and mr. clean I don't think ill be pushing myself too far the first day, but if I do wreck ill make sure i have a way back. I've ridden on something very similiar to jennings with alot shorter straight away's , less top speed but a lot of perfect high speed corners. I live by a National Park over 3 miles long and they are just so awesome, they let me ride in there from 7pm to 8pm (when its closed) at speeds 60 over the posted limit of 15 mph hehe. Its really fun though it looks a lot like jennings corner wise, just stinks a lot of the time its dark 7 to 8 so can't always use the place. (as I don't ride there in the dark ever , fuck you signalcbr)

Last edited by trancedmp3; 04-08-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:22 PM

And how much does a 2 day trip run you usually? Including the two track days, hotel, etc. (weekend or not , doesn't matter as I'm a college student and can do my work in a hotel) just someones guesstimation would be cool. I decided to not spend $460 on this really nice carbon fiber vent piece from 1carbontech I really wanted.. instead i'll go to some track days.. I can always buy the parts down the road. If I like the track day I'll get some race plastics down the road instead of adding more carbon fiber on the bike, this way I can have fun at the track without worrying every corner about wrecking my bodywork, and still have my bike pretty nice for street riding (in my opinion, don't care if others don't like my bike)

Last edited by trancedmp3; 04-07-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:02 AM
hates change

jesus...does it ever stop?
Old 04-08-2009, 02:36 AM
REACH AROUND EXPERT

When are you going?? Post it up on TSB.We have people that go there regularly and you might be able to get towed up there.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:07 AM
hates change

x2^
Old 04-08-2009, 04:09 AM
hates change

Originally Posted by trancedmp3
Thks brian, Why not ride there then track? Just wondering whats your reasoning behind saying not to do that?

and mr. clean I don't think ill be pushing myself too far the first day, but if I do wreck ill make sure i have a way back. I've ridden on something very similiar to jennings with alot shorter straight away's , less top speed but a lot of perfect high speed corners. I live by a National Park over 3 miles long and they are just so awesome, they let me ride in there from 7pm to 8pm (when its closed) at speeds 60 over the posted limit of 15 mph hehe. Its really fun though it looks a lot like jennings corner wise, just stinks a lot of the time its dark 7 to 8 so can't always use the place.
corners at night...spectacular. I learned quickly this was a bad idea.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:15 AM
Hooligan

do you know how to use the search function?

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!