Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

any of you have Chinese pit bikes?

Old 02-05-2009, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any of you have Chinese pit bikes?

If you do curious to see if you like them or if they are big piles of chinese poo. Got a guy wanting to trade me his Rocketa pit bike for a crossbow i have. It;s got the 138cc Lifan engine with a 4sp manual tranny. Whatchya think?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:20 AM
FML

pm emerrhh on here he has a 125 ssr china bike. Its pretty sweet. It gets my ttr 110 off the line. but mine seems to have a wee bit more top end. LOL good times riding pit bikes when he first got it. so much random shit went wrong nothing major just totally random shit failing.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:38 AM
How fast officer?

I started building a shifter cart with a lifan engine. Never finished it, so I don't know how well they hold up, but out of the crate it looked good and ran like a champ.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:37 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by OrOr
I started building a shifter cart with a lifan engine. Never finished it, so I don't know how well they hold up, but out of the crate it looked good and ran like a champ.
And what are you doing with the remains of the shifter cart project? selling it? 125cc?

Old 02-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Hooligan

ive got a thumpstar 125cc its also a lifan. Mine had a weak crank and snapped in half on me about 3 hours of riding. but i replaced it for 60 bucks. and she runs like a raped ape. i gps'd it at 49 mph. Get one there fun as shit.

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Haul'n the Family

My buddy Rob (curly headed dude in video) has a x-18 mid-bike. Its 110cc. Made in China, and pretty much crap.
Here is a video of us farting around on it after he had it a few days.
YouTube - Goofing around on X-18 Mid-Bike

Its fun to ride. Seems like it'll do 40-ish mph. He bought it used, fixed a few things wrong with it. Like the brake light illuminating when you squeeze the clutch.
He's since painted it and made a homemade muffler for it.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:30 PM
How fast officer?

Originally Posted by KISSmyACE
And what are you doing with the remains of the shifter cart project? selling it? 125cc?
I believe it's a 200cc. It is a "type R" 6speed w/electric start and kick start. It may have OHC as well. Paid about $400... may be willing to sell it and the cart which is about 70% complete.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:25 PM

thanks guys. i dunno, kinda dont want another thing to work on around here Seems like these things are real hit and misses. I guess if it still runs like he says it must be okay cause everything ive seen is if it is crap it falls apart in a week. Otherwise people are pretty happy with them i guess.

OrOr, you paid 400 for a pos Chinese 200cc when that coulda got ya a 2 stroke 125 that would rape it? whatever floats ur boat i guess. Kinda a spur of the moment build? just curious as to why?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:53 PM
2WheelsFTW

i have an ssr 125, thing has broken on me so many fucking times.. but either way i have good friends that looooooooooove fixing my chinese piece of crap at 3am when everyone is drunk.. it gives them something to do. lol

not to mention its tons of fun till i end up doing something dumb and breaking it again

if you arent looking forward to lots of wrenchtime to ride time.. dont get a chinese pitbike unless if its one of the ungodly expensive ones, and even then its still a toss up.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:55 AM
Hooligan

i dont know i beat the shit out of my thumper and its only broke once.

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!