Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Unmarked Cop on Sportbike chases a rider at 140mph+ (VID)

Old 10-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Two wheels only

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unmarked Cop on Sportbike chases a rider at 140mph+ (VID)

Video: motorcycle speed - motorcyclist filmed by policeman

140mph chase was safe - Motorcycle News

Here's the video if the other links dont work...

YouTube - 140mph Motorcyclist filmed by unmarked police bike

And more information below.

A shocking video has shown an unmarked police motorcycle hitting 96mph in 30mph zone with no siren or emergency lights.

Police says the deadly tactic was necessary to ‘gather evidence’ on speeding rider Michael James Collins, 22, from Beckenham, Kent.

The video, shot from the police bike, shows a 15 minute high-speed pursuit on rural and urban roads. At one stage the police rider reaches 107mph in a 40mph zone.
In his efforts to keep up with Collins, the officer also takes a series of massive risks, overtaking in the face of oncoming traffic and narrowly avoiding a head-on crash with another bike.

Meanwhile, with nothing to indicate the mystery rider tailing him for miles is a police officer, Collins reaches 140mph in what could be an attempt to shake his pursuer off.

After all the risk Collins was only arrested later, at a bike dealership in Kent.
Magistrates handed him a two-year suspended jail sentence and riding ban and 240 hours' unpaid work.

Incredibly, Sussex Police claimed it was safe for an unmarked police bike to travel at 96mph in a 30mph zone with siren and flashing lights off.

The force said in a statement: ‘Mr Collins was arrested following numerous complaints from residents in Hastings and drivers on the A21, who reported a motorcyclist riding dangerously and at excessive speed on a daily basis.

‘The method of riding was considered so extreme by investigating officers from the Sussex Road Policing Unit that normal stopping procedures were not considered appropriate. Instead, the rider was safely tracked using unmarked cars and an unmarked motorcycle in order to gather evidence to support a prosecution. Having risk-assessed the intelligence relating to the rider there was also a possibility that the rider would try and evade police if a stop was attempted.’

Supt Steve Barry, the force’s head of road policing, admitted there was enough evidence to charge Collins without the 15-minute chase, since he hit 100mph in a 60 zone within minutes of the tape rolling. But he said: “I think the court wanted to see the full extent of the seriousness of the riding behaviour and that was the reason we prolonged the evidence-gathering stage.”

.Fear is the Mind-Killer.

Originally Posted by C ME WRKD
Chicken strips? I see no grocies in that pic
Chicken Strips: It's a Goddamned Food Item.

.Treaty of Tripoli 1797, Article 11.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Well, look on the bright side. One cop doing it for one day means one fucktard squid who would otherwise be doing it every day off the street.

Personally I'd rather be reading about how a cop nudged his cruiser's nose out into the road and brought the motorcycle's run to an abtrupt halt. Woulda been much safer for other motorists as well.

But, nobody ever accused the cops of being effecient or taking the public's safety into consideration while they had a big bad high speed chase to get in on.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:40 PM

how did he not know he was being followed?? shit I know I pay attention in a 360 view at most if not all the time
Old 10-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by IdowatIwantx
how did he not know he was being followed?? shit I know I pay attention in a 360 view at most if not all the time
Because he was riding like a stupid fuck and looking ahead through the tunnel vision?

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Old 10-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Resident Dingo

idk im not too worried about whats behind me when im doing 140
Old 10-20-2008, 03:01 AM
Hooligan

bamf i dont like you anymore

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:25 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by kawie636
bamf i dont like you anymore
You never did. Remember?

Old 10-20-2008, 05:50 AM

He probably did know there was another rider behind him but just figured it was another kid trying out for a spot in the Alphabet Gang! After all, they were just showing off how great of rider they are, right?
Old 10-20-2008, 06:23 AM

the motocycle cop was having fun with it. At the beginning of the vid he was asked "are you still comfortably with this?" he responded "yeah, he's not a too confident rider, he's a fast rider, but no too confident."
Old 10-20-2008, 10:31 AM

i think he said compitent. he said he was fast but terrible in the twisties.