Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

MY 04' 636 RECOVERED!!! Almost 2yrs later!

Old 06-18-2008, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY 04' 636 RECOVERED!!! Almost 2yrs later!

First off I want to appoligize for what is about to be a very long post, but it contains all the information related to my story.

Below you can see th original thread that I posted here back in November 2006. Thanks again for all the support!!!

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/p...ml#post3619399
I still can't believe it is back home with me! The body shop guy was a tad bit off with the "it's in great condition" comment, but at least it is somewhat all in one piece and runs good.

I had to pay over $300 to get it from the body shop, but hopefully I can file for restitution and get some of my money back...if not all of it.

Anybody happen to have any green lower fairings for a Kawi 636? The sad thing is they are probably still sitting in this guy’s garage.

The guy got pulled over by HCSO for crossing the double yellow lines to pass a car and the cop ran the VIN. All he did was place a new tag on the bike...not too bright. The bike was found on June 11th 2008 and stolen the night of November 1st 2006.

Information on the scumbag that got busted:

WOW...just located the guy that got arrested...not what I was expecting at all. He is almost 50yrs old!

Individual's Charge Report

Well, I couldn't take it any longer knowing this guy’s address and not driving by his house to see what is up (only lives 13miles away from me). I did a drive-by this morning planning on just checking things out and seeing where this douche bag lived.

Just so happened he was outside with the garage door open washing out some trash can. I turned around and parked in the street in front of his house. As soon as I opened my door he bolted into his garage and attempted to shut the garage door. The funny thing is that the door got caught on the trash can that he was washing. So I take that opportunity to look around and see if I can spot my fairings. I then go back to my car and just stand by the door. While I am doing this he is pacing back and forth in his house as I can see him through his blinds. Then he shuts the blinds and continues to peak out them...what a douche!

I simply wanted to ask him some honest questions and nothing more. I mainly wanted to ask if he purchased this bike from someone. He certainly is a 49yr old SHADY character though! Funny that he lives on SHADY shores Dr. No...I do not plan on doing anything illegal to him. Just plan on making his life a living hell as legally as possible!!!

I'll post the pic of his house with the garage door propped open once I download it from my phone.

Below you can tell that the guy(s) that took it tried to cover-up just about everything I had listed on my flyer. Still can't believe all they did was remove the Blue Flame sticker and left the green windscreen on. But they did manage to spray paint the side panels silver instead of the green to match the fairings. I almost think that the lower fairings were off to get spray painted as well. Hard to believe it takes them over 1yr to get that done.

Here was my original flyer:

Old 06-18-2008, 07:47 AM
NObama 2011

Congrats!!

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech!!!

SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS SINCE BIRTH MEMBER #001

EITHER STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, OR PLEASE, STAND IN FRONT OF US. U.S.M.C. SNIPERS, ONE SHOT ONE KILL

Old 06-18-2008, 08:03 AM

craziness. You need to bake the police officer a cake and thank him for going above and beyond what was expected of him.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:58 AM

Congrats Jimmy. Thats really good news. Pretty stupid that they were riding it around. I hope you were at least armed when you went to this guys house. No telling what kind of mind set a criminal has. As far as plastics your best bet will probably be ebay, wera forums, etc.

On a side note is that a SRT8? My bro picked one up last year and its sick as hell.

Major props to Divine Sounds, Wheel Tec and Melilli Moto.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:00 AM
Hooligan

ya check out kawiforums.com they should have what u need good deal though man congrats on that

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Resident Dingo

wow.. congrats.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:07 AM

i remember that flyer. glad you finally got it back.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:13 AM

I remember when you posted your bike was stolen. Its nice to see the good guys win some! Nice charger in the background. Is it yours? I have one as well.
I sold my bike 6 months ago.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:26 AM

What up Z! You still got your bike?

Yes, that is my 07' Charger RT with the Road & Track package. I installed a full SLP Loud Mouth exhaust and an AFE stage II Intake. The next thing I want for it is the Predator programmer. This is my first "car" as I have always owned SUV's & I love it. Funny thing is I bought it to help cure my need for speed from the motorcycle.

As far as going to his house...I never expected him to be out front with the garage door open. I called the police and they actaully told me I have to wait around the corner and then call the cops back to send a deputy to come meet me (At this point I was at work). From there the deputy will go with me to search his garage. I was not expecting them to say that.

Some pics of my car:

Last edited by redlinejimmy; 06-18-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Wears holes in knee pucks

I don't remember this one exactly, because there are/were so many thefts all the time and usually they are never to be seen again!

Amazing!

Congrats!

I'm assuming this time around you will insure the bike?