Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Need some advice bike tech!

Old 03-18-2008, 03:50 PM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice bike tech!

so heres the deal, i really like my k6 600 and i was REALLY considering keeping it. i just bought it 3 days ago and fully intended on registering it next friday when i got paid and signing up for the course if i had the money left over.

but i wasnt so lucky...

yesterday i left work a little early because i wasnt feeling to good and it was fucking dead. (i work at dimmit Cadillac/RR/Bentley on 19). so i take off down 19 about 2pm just riding my bike normally, no speeding/weaving. I pass by ridenow motorsports still riding politely (i have no tag) and stop at the cerlew intersection, before i stopped i pear behind me to see if theres any cops and i see none. so im sitting at the light minding my own business and some random fucking hand reaches over from my right side and pulls my keys out, its a cop. he tells me to roll the bike to the side. when he gets to me a straight tell him im riding with no registration or endorsement, he says thanks for being honest. he sits in his car and runs my stuff, comes back out and asks me if i can find someone to come get the bike for me or it gets impounded. so i call my buddy shawn and hes starts heading out. he told me because i was honest with him that im not getting arrested and im not goign to jail and hes not going to give me tickets for random things like no mirrors ect. now i know im extremely lucky to be able to keep my bike but now im almost forced to sell it, i want to have a registered/insured vehicle by the time i go to court on april 10th and im not sure if i have the money to do so right away and i WILL NOT ride the bike until its registered so i have no way to work, another reason why i need it sold.

1st off, can a cop just take your keyes out like that?
2nd off, how much does it cost and how soon can i get my endorsement?
3rd, how much is it to register a bike?
4th, what kind of money am i looking at paying for no endorsement?
Old 03-18-2008, 04:06 PM
teh clit wiggler

registering the bike:
im guessing..

$100 for the tag (might be lower)
$7.00 per $100 however amount was written on the deed of sale/title when you bought it ($3,000 for the bike, so you pay $210 on tax+tag $100+ $25-30 on registration)

i hope it made sense. let me know if it doesnt. and btw, im just ballparking
Old 03-18-2008, 04:10 PM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

i just put a low price on the bike to skip on taxes.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:51 PM
teh clit wiggler

then registration for you should be around $150

hold on, so what happened to the ducatti?
Old 03-18-2008, 07:28 PM

^Yep, about right.

Sell your bike if you think you can get some noob to buy it for more than it's worth. If you don't want to/can't then keep the bike and be prepared to have some fun in the court system. I think you'll be ok because the cop might remember that you were polite and had no resistance... But that's his discretion. See if you can delay your court appearance (make up some excuse and buy some time to make some mooolah).
Old 03-19-2008, 04:03 AM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

if i have the bike registered and have my endorsement will they drop the charges down?
Old 03-19-2008, 04:37 AM
2WheelsFTW

if finances are a problem for you, and you believe that you will be unable to have a fair chance in court because you dont have your shit together due to no other vehicle / lack of time to get your stuff straight... simply go to the courthouse and request your court date be extended to a later date so you have more time to get your endorsement, build up cash to pay the court fees ECT.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:47 AM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

ok. so im looking at $150 for registration and $250 for the class? how soon can i take the class?
Old 03-19-2008, 07:59 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yes, a cop can just take the keys out of your bike.

Depending on where you live there are classes all over ranging from $175 up to $250. Normally you will have to wait a week or 2 for a spot in the class because more often than not they are filled up.

Registration will be whatever you put you paid for the bike multiplied by .07 on a calculator, and then the registration and tag was $86 here in Hillsborough county last time I registered a bike in July of 07.

And for no endorsement if you can go get it by the time that you have to go to court then everything will be dropped and they will waive court costs depending on the judge. I had court on Monday and there was a guy in there for the same thing and the judge waived the court costs and dismissed everything.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Resident Ginger Kid...

Originally Posted by Jordan T
if i have the bike registered and have my endorsement will they drop the charges down?
90% of the time... jus court costs then, much cheaper and not so permenant...

2005 Joe Gibbs Silverado # 0396
1988 Monte Carlo SS 5.3/T56 and too many mods.
2003 Honda 954RR