Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Ninja Won't Start For Nothing :-(

Old 03-03-2008, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ninja Won't Start For Nothing :-(

On Friday I mistakingly poured the bad gas (87) into my bike...after a while it started acting real funny and felt as though it wanted to shut off... I put fuel injector cleaner but nothing happened, it was getting dark so I let it sit till Saturday morning.

On Saturday I had come to the conclusion that I needed to drain the bad gas out of the tank, so I disconnected the tank and drained it. I left a little bit of gas so that it could turn on, then I reconnected the tank and made sure everything was the same as before. I put some lucas fuel injector cleaner and turned it on. It was idleing very weird so I shut it off and went to get the good gas (93). Poured the gas into the tank and turned the bike on.

When I turned it on it started to idle a bit funny as though it wanted to turn off again so I increased the idle by 2k and let it sit out for a while. I came out again and reved it and it felt as though the fuel injector cleaner was doing its job. I went back inside for something real quick and a couple minutes later the bike just completely shut off by itself and when I tried to turn it back on nothing happened. I tried to turn it on several times and absolutely nothing happened...

When I turn the ignition the bike does it's normal routine...but when I press the turn on button I can just tell that gas isn't going through or something...and there's also a huge smell of gasoline as if the injectors were flooded. I feel as though this is something so simple but only turned complicated for the moment...

Please help me...TR is my last resort...Thanks...

Last edited by LiveKhaos; 03-03-2008 at 06:11 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:54 AM

change ur plugs
Old 03-03-2008, 07:11 AM
They call me Cooter..

89 octane Isnt going to make it do that unless it's old, I say change the plugs and try to run it with the gas disconnected to get rid og whatever is in there, then reconnect it and try to start it...good luck!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:29 AM

Thanks!! I'm going to change the plugs this week... I appreciate it...
Old 03-03-2008, 08:17 AM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

more info on this bad gas...

I'd say change the fuel filter too
Old 03-03-2008, 08:27 AM
They call me Cooter..

jesus, why not just put a new motor in it too......I keed I keed....
Old 03-03-2008, 09:02 AM

Old 03-03-2008, 09:19 AM
TraumaInDHead

plugs, air filter, fuel filter...then go on if its still doing it to take it to a certified mechanic kuz u prolly beez fukt..
Old 03-03-2008, 10:14 AM
NObama 2011

Should have bought a Yamaha....

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech!!!

SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS SINCE BIRTH MEMBER #001

EITHER STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, OR PLEASE, STAND IN FRONT OF US. U.S.M.C. SNIPERS, ONE SHOT ONE KILL

Old 03-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Two wheels only

how is 87 octane "bad gas"? Unless you were hearing some knocking or pinging from the motor, why would you use 93?

sounds almost like an electrical problem, but you'd have to check o make sure your plugs are okay first.