Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Where to buy a bike....

Old 02-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Bobble heads tell me yes!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy a bike....

I am going out bike shopping tomorrow for my first bike. ( I have ridden dirtbikes and have ridden bikes before but a limited amount) I am just wondering where a good place with good customer service and some damn good prices is. I live in gainesville off exit 390 on 75. So any places close to me that are good with prices and service. Rep for any good help. I appreciate it ahead of time. BTW I am looking to get a GSXR 750 or 600.

I might not check the thread to much so if you guys could pm me it would be helpful. Thanks again.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:33 PM

well seeing as how you live lin gainsville and this is tamparacing, i'm not sure you'll be getting a lot of suggestions
Old 02-19-2008, 04:37 PM

if you're willing to make the 3 hour drive, i'll tell you a few places.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:21 PM
teh clit wiggler

i live in gainesville.

ill tell you where not to go. STREITS.

check ocala. they have a motorcycle dealership over there. ive heard of people getting good prices for their bike. check around to see what your bike is going for out the door then go from there.

when you deal with dealerships, be firm with your price.

goodluck. let me know when you get a bike and plan to ride. i know most of the good places to ride around (north or south around ocala..)
Old 02-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Two wheels only

not only that, different places will give you different prices depending on a number of factors.

If you have cash, you'll save mega bucks. If you plan to buy the same day, you'll get the same sort of treatment.

Shop around by phone first. Call all the dealers you were given, tell them that you have cash, and you want to pick it up today, ask em ("whats the best price you can get me for a gixxer*** out the door....cash...today.")

then compare them.

If you find a dealer you like, but their price is high, tell them that another dealer had a lower price (name the dealer). They'll probably call them up and see what's going on.

Using that method we got 3 brand new (0 miles) 07 busa for $9,400 Out the door... compared to 11,500 otd from another dealer.

We found ours at ARS powersports down south somewhere.. i forgot the town.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:30 PM
How fast officer?

Motorsports in Tampa was willing to take just about anything over cost with a bit of haggling. Your best bet may be buying last year's model from a dealer in a small town. A few of my friends have saved big this way ($3k-$5k big)
Old 02-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Bobble heads tell me yes!

I appreciate the info guys... I was also thinking of an R6 but me being 6'4 Doesn't make it as easy as i'd like. When I ride the 600's I feel like my knees arent sitting right. On a 1000 I get more room. But I don't want a 1000 for my first bike. That is why I was thinking about a 750 GSXR. Any suggestions?

And to

Originally Posted by joe2dmax
i live in gainesville.

ill tell you where not to go. STREITS.

check ocala. they have a motorcycle dealership over there. ive heard of people getting good prices for their bike. check around to see what your bike is going for out the door then go from there.

when you deal with dealerships, be firm with your price.

goodluck. let me know when you get a bike and plan to ride. i know most of the good places to ride around (north or south around ocala..)

Where abouts in gainesville do you live??? I also heard of Ocala Motor sports? Definently give me a call sometime if you think you can help me out with this... 321 704 3181 Name is Matt. I also work at Tires Plus on 39th St go east once you get off exit 390. and it is on your left once you go up the second hill. Help me out I can get you some cheap work and parts for whatever you need.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:59 AM
oh WTF

don't go to barneys... they have the worst customer service ever, been there twice now both times i walked around for 20 min and no one asked if they could help me...
Orderd Sept. 29th, Built Nov. 8th, Delivered Nov 18th!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 08:50 AM
teh clit wiggler

sw 13th street. a little far away from your work but nothing is too far when it comes to riding.

ill call you sometime this week, im a little busy with work.

600 is just as small as a 750. go with at least a 1000.

Originally Posted by goodguy0488
I appreciate the info guys... I was also thinking of an R6 but me being 6'4 Doesn't make it as easy as i'd like. When I ride the 600's I feel like my knees arent sitting right. On a 1000 I get more room. But I don't want a 1000 for my first bike. That is why I was thinking about a 750 GSXR. Any suggestions?

And to

Where abouts in gainesville do you live??? I also heard of Ocala Motor sports? Definently give me a call sometime if you think you can help me out with this... 321 704 3181 Name is Matt. I also work at Tires Plus on 39th St go east once you get off exit 390. and it is on your left once you go up the second hill. Help me out I can get you some cheap work and parts for whatever you need.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:52 AM
teh clit wiggler

im waiting for emerehh to chime in about stretch and slamming a bike...