Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Buying a bike.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:00 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a bike.

I would really like this stickied, because there are some stupid people out there who think that we as Bike Tech can make a decision of what bike they should get or what bike we think is the best. So im gonna throw out my opinion:

1) Bike Tech does not know what bike is the best or the fastest. Everyone in here has different preferences on manufacturer and what they want to do with their bikes. So asking a general question like that you are gonna get 10 different answers and you're right back where you started. Have a general idea of what you want to do, Twisties, straight line, stunt, or just riding around town and trying to look cool ect.

2) Dont ask us what kind of bike to get when you first start riding. We dont know your riding experience and we dont know how you are in traffic and we dont have the same crotch area as you so we dont know what bike your nuts or vag will feel most comfortable on. Go sit on several different bikes and take into consideration your experience and the CC's of the bike. Or you can pick up a riding magazine and read reviews on bikes you are interested in and see what the pros and cons of each bike you are interested in are. And before you do any of that, do yourself and the rest of us on the road a favor and go take the MSF class, if you have never ridden anything you will learn alot.

I think that sums it up.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Ill f@cking end you!

Well I happen to disagree, I asked a "general question" and got a great reply of positive feedback up til yours. It was all very helpful and everyone ended up learning towards the same 2 bikes not 10. So I have to disagree with your opinion.

Ricer: From the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt!

AIM = donkeyk1989
XBOX Gamertag = DK1989
Myspace.com/donkey_kong1989

DK for Mod since people care

Parris Island here I come =D!
Old 02-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Just some guy named Jake

^

Fuck.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:51 PM
gone fishin

Ibtl

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)
Old 02-03-2008, 07:16 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Originally Posted by Cecil
Ibtl
How do you beat the lock? You're a friggin mod.

And to Dk, I was hypathetically speaking when I said 10 different bikes. But its the whole point that no one on here can pick the bike that YOU feel most comfortable on because we dont know what you wanna do with it and how your riding posture or throttle control is so we can decide which bike would fit you best. Thats the whole reason behind the original post.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Resident Dingo

Well here in bike tech we dont want someones initial reaction to this place (however true it may be) that most ppl in here are assholes and do not want to input on said inquiries.

You cant tell ppl what bike to get but you can point them in the right direction, even if that means putting up a link to a similiar thread. Some people are not friends with the search function as they should be. If you're on here to actually help people and not post bullshit that doesnt matter all the time, this type of thing wouldnt bother you so much imo.

--Brandon
Old 02-03-2008, 07:34 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dont get me wrong, I have no problem with people asking for input, but dont ask such vague questions.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:00 AM
Motha Fawking Baby Maker

I love for them to ask...Dont lock this post...!!!!! busa + turbo + Noz = FTW!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Ill f@cking end you!

^

Originally Posted by JH26
And to Dk, I was hypathetically speaking when I said 10 different bikes. But its the whole point that no one on here can pick the bike that YOU feel most comfortable on because we dont know what you wanna do with it and how your riding posture or throttle control is so we can decide which bike would fit you best. Thats the whole reason behind the original post.
Well I was just saying I have tried one of the bikes mention by others and now I am really leaning towards one the two that was mentioned. Also how after asking the question everyone that chimed in had a positive input and really helped out, except for you. So it may be one more wasted thread in TR to you, but it really helped me out.

Ricer: From the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt!

AIM = donkeyk1989
XBOX Gamertag = DK1989
Myspace.com/donkey_kong1989

DK for Mod since people care

Parris Island here I come =D!
Old 02-04-2008, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Paul
busa + turbo + Noz + Streched + Slammed = FTMFW!

Fixed