Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

1st Run in with the Police :(

Old 11-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Looking...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Run in with the Police :(

So I had my first encounter on my bike with the police the other night. I must admit I got lucky for once. I have never gotten out of a ticket in my car (2 of those in 5 years) but this was my 1st time running into a cop on the bike in the past 1.8 years of owning it. I pulled out of dunkin donuts onto 19 the other night and got on it a little bit... i was just out cruising since it was really nice out and I was heading back to my job to talk to some friends.... when I went to make the U-Turn on 19 I noticed a car got really close to my ass.... so as I was making the U-Turn glance into my miror and its a Hernando County Cop..... I ride down the road and it looks as if he was gonna just pass me.... but unfortunately he gets behind me and puts on his light... so I pull over right in front of my work and there are about 3 of my co workers outside having a ciggarette so i shut down the bike immediatly and get out my license and registration... The cop then proceeds to tell me about how he caught me speeding, not using my blinker, traveling too close and how my license plate is too far under my bike and hard to read (it is lighted with 3 bright leds) he then says "you just pulled out of dunking donuts right?" almost as if he wasnt sure if i was the same bike..... i say yes... i figure honesty is better than lieing and sure enough it was.... after all was said and done the officer let me go
so needless to say I got very lucky

oh yea

Kawi Rider FTMFW
Old 11-28-2007, 07:00 AM
2WheelsFTW

congrats on not getting the ticket

i still know my time is coming soon, havent gotten one in like 2 years now *knocks on wood*
Old 11-28-2007, 07:07 AM

cops r usually cool so long as your 'reasonably' breaking the law You know, speeding late at night isnt harming anyone...that type of ish. Cool beans on getting out of the ticket.

BTW:
Kawi Rider FTMFW
pfft if it were a Honda he would have asked if you could show him a cool wheelie when you left Honda FTMFWN <-- N = nugga!
Old 11-28-2007, 07:53 AM
gone fishin

Congrats!

Proof that a little common courtesy goes a long way.

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)
Old 11-28-2007, 07:57 AM
**FAMOUS**

Jeez how much proof do you need that honesty and respect goes along way with our fine officers of the community.... all these "squids" postin how cops are assholes and shit (see sig )
Old 11-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Down Since Day 1

Originally Posted by Cecil
Congrats!

+1

"Tampa Stock"... Where u at?
Old 11-28-2007, 09:37 AM

ditto, i have NEVER once been an ass to a cop, and I've gotten my fair share of tickets, but I've also gotten out of MANY more and some other SERIOUS traffic infractions...granted, being nice MAY not pay off ALL THE TIME, but be rest assured, when it matters, it pays off....plus there no reason to be a dick head to the officer, at that point in time you ARE no one and you WILL do as he says or your going for a ride in the car you dont wanna be in whether you were or wrong. If a cop is a dick, just note his badge number and call the dept. the next day to file a jerk wad complaint.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Banned

Following to closely? LMFAO you just said he was on your ass! lol, you should have slammed on your brakes when you went to make the turn and had his cruiser bump your tire and "fall over" and sue the city...

Florida no fault.

Sometimes i wish my girl was not in the car, cause when the cops get on my ass im so tempted to get on the brakes and have them pay my bills for me.

FTP
Old 11-28-2007, 10:39 AM
gone fishin

Originally Posted by TNathe
ditto, i have NEVER once been an ass to a cop, and I've gotten my fair share of tickets, but I've also gotten out of MANY more and some other SERIOUS traffic infractions...granted, being nice MAY not pay off ALL THE TIME, but be rest assured, when it matters, it pays off....plus there no reason to be a dick head to the officer, at that point in time you ARE no one and you WILL do as he says or your going for a ride in the car you dont wanna be in whether you were or wrong. If a cop is a dick, just note his badge number and call the dept. the next day to file a jerk wad complaint.
Hold on now..... this is Tampa Racing - Bike Tech.....

We don't act responsibly and take accountability for our actions.....

Haven't you heard, we're all "victims" being oppressed by the "man" due to a well orchestrated evil conspiracy.

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)
Old 11-28-2007, 10:39 AM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

Originally Posted by Cecil
Congrats!

lies...

where I can't pull of respect for them even if I try while being pulled over. but common courtesy won't get you shit... this guy got lucky, nothing more.

I think you guys that get off without tickets all the time are sucking dick behind the cop car or something...