Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Hayden 2007 SS Champ....

Old 09-17-2007, 06:52 PM
chicken sirloin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hayden 2007 SS Champ....

Kawi fan or not, ya gotta admit the kid kept his head down and raced every race he could to win the damn thing....Hayes and Hacking were fantastic all season as well and this series produced some of the best American racing in a while....

oh yeah.....

GO TEAM GREEN...
Old 09-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Is that Vtec

his he number 1 or 2 cus the fat guy on the right is saying he is number two and the guy on the left is saying he is number 1 haha lol which one....yea he has had a great season!!!

I miss my Brother
Rest in Peace Jefery Gailinsky 4/4/76-3/27/09
Old 09-17-2007, 08:14 PM

unlike nicky he earned his championship. but nicky was pretty consistant last year and thats how he won his. but roger sure as hell deserves it. cant wait to see what josh herrin brings to the table next year. kid has a lot of potential.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Mofongo Expert!

Originally Posted by zenki_s14
unlike nicky he earned his championship. but nicky was pretty consistant last year and thats how he won his. but roger sure as hell deserves it. cant wait to see what josh herrin brings to the table next year. kid has a lot of potential.
LOL...

Let me remind you that Nicky didn't have but 2 races last year where his bike was actually setup by his team the way he prefers it... Laguna & Assen. Why is this important? Because Rossi fans have tunnel vision and only see what happens to Rossi... somehow they assume everyone else's world is perfect therefore they suck...

The rest of the year Nicky had a bike plagues with clutch issues, one that once almost saw him flip the bike when he practiced his starts... And before you claim that he had the same bike as Rossi when he won on it, it was not. Neither was Pedrosa;s bike identical to Nicky. These are not production bikes...

In the end, Rossi crawled back 50 points to go into the final round with the points lead. With a little help from the Human torpedo. At the start of the race, Nicky set sail after the Ducatis while Rossi chokes on the start & bins it under pressure...

Nicky beat Rossi fair & square... he earned it.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:43 PM

well i started by saying he didnt really earn it but than i turned around and said he was consistant...and consistancy is what wins championships! so yea he deserved it.... but that doesnt mean there wanst a lil bit of luck... he shouldnt have rubbed pedrosa the wrong way or else he wouldnt have tried so hard to pass him and accidently take him out. everyone in motogp has bike issues cuz like you said they arent production bikes and most of what they use out there on the tracks get transfered on to the bike we by the following year. but its how you deal with the problems or relay the info back to your team that makes you the better rider, which rossi does very well.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Mofongo Expert!

No body rides around problems better than Rossi.

But Rossi's 7 title streak were IMO an impressive feat of good luck as well... during that time, he never once suffered the attrition he has last year & this year. That I attribute to none other than Jeremy Burgess. the guy has more titles as a tuner under his belt than Rossi & Doohan combined, which are riders he tuned for BTW.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:55 PM

its gonna be intresting next year to see toseland and lorenzo and everyone switching to better rides. like hopkins, malandri. i just hope to see some real close competetive racing. not one guy running away from the start of the race.... damn that stoner!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Mofongo Expert!

I have real high hopes to Hopkins. I really think the Kawasaki is a better bike than the Suzuki. He is due for a win, and I hope he will be in contention for the title.

The Melandri \ Stoner duo could turn into the equivalent of Hamilton \ Alonso battle in F1. That should be interesting.

Lorenzo, I think is over rated. He is close to being as good as Pedrosa, who beat him to the 250 title 1st. We'll see how he does in the top class... so far many 250gp stars have failed where Rossi succeded (Capirossi, Hoffman, Biaggi, Nieto, DePuniet, the list goes on...)

DeAngellis, made it to the Gresini Team. (not Pramac Ducati... my bad)

And Toseland... I am sorry to say I will be highly surprised to see him be competitive in the Tech 3 Yamaha camp.

Last edited by racerraul; 09-19-2007 at 07:38 PM.