Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

need some help

Old 07-28-2007, 06:20 PM
you know

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help

so i dumped the bike and decided to fix it all up have redone the whole thing engine and all well now i have ran into a problem my fuel injection wont turn on....i have everything connected to the right thing and everything else works fine...here is what im thinkin since there is an engine oil switch and the bike has no oil in it yet that it is saying don't start the fuel injection...is this the possibility cause i took a meter and checked everything and its all reading correctly. only reason i havnt put oil in yet is cause my new covers are getting powder coated so the old ones are just kind of sitting on w/ no oul but i didn't think that having no oil would affect the fuel injection can somebody help me out here w/ some input

Throttle til you see God, then BRAKE LIKE HELL!

*motorcycles are a balance between trust and physics. you just have to trust that your tires will work, and hope the 10 little asian guys that designed the bike got an A+ in physics
Old 07-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Is on his way

You're gauge cluster won't turn on or your bike won't start. Be a little more specific...

I wouldn't try to start my bike with no oil but that's just me and did you put gas in it?

I fix computers and the hardest problems actually turn out to be the simplest if you start from square one.

Good luck!
Old 07-28-2007, 07:50 PM

cliff?
Old 07-28-2007, 08:25 PM

check the tilt sensor, make sure its not up side down

'04 GSXR 750
I'm so far behind, I think I'm first

need tires (take offs)? PM me
need a deal on a track day? PM me

disclaimer: I sell used tires (take-offs), these tires have been used at Jennings, Homestead, etc. (road courses for those that dont know) therefor these tires are more used up on the sides than in the middle,
Old 07-29-2007, 05:21 AM
you know

everything works gauge cluster lights tilt sensor is right and im not lookin to start the bike i just wanted to check to see if the injectors turned on

*motorcycles are a balance between trust and physics. you just have to trust that your tires will work, and hope the 10 little asian guys that designed the bike got an A+ in physics
Old 07-29-2007, 05:48 AM

ok, explain again what exactly you are trying to accomplish, you are trying to get the injectors to come on, do you here the fuel pump when you first turn the key on (3-5 sec period)
the injectors really dont come on until you go to crank the motor, just the fuel pump to prime the system, as the engine starts to crank, then the injectors will get a signal from the computer to open (pulse) as needed, its tied in with the RPM signal

'04 GSXR 750

disclaimer: I sell used tires (take-offs), these tires have been used at Jennings, Homestead, etc. (road courses for those that dont know) therefor these tires are more used up on the sides than in the middle,
Old 07-29-2007, 06:10 AM
you know

well then yes i don't hear the fuel pump sorry about that fuel pump is not workin do you think it has anything to to w/ the placement of the banjo bolt on the bottom of the tank?

Old 07-29-2007, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by fresh
well then yes i don't hear the fuel pump sorry about that fuel pump is not workin do you think it has anything to to w/ the placement of the banjo bolt on the bottom of the tank?
wouldnt think so, I need more details about the bike, what happened to it when you went down, what all did you have to repair/replace? was there any wiring that had to be fixed?

from the sounds of it, either the tilt sensor is bad ( take it off and shake it- you should hear a ball rattling around inside) if wires had to be repaired, possible, you got something backwards, pull all the plugs apart, makes sure nothing is loose or making bad conection, also check to see if any wires / plugs look like they got hot, check the wiring to the fuel pump itself, you can unhook it and make test leads up and manually check the operation of the pump,

'04 GSXR 750

Old 07-29-2007, 08:54 AM
you know

i put a new engine in got the manual so i did it all right everythin is connected correctly no wires were damaged and i put a voltage meter test on some of the connectors and im getting juice to everything just no fuel pump comming on

Old 07-29-2007, 10:42 AM
How fast officer?

Originally Posted by fresh
i put a new engine in got the manual so i did it all right everythin is connected correctly no wires were damaged and i put a voltage meter test on some of the connectors and im getting juice to everything just no fuel pump comming on
I would start with the obvious. Check the fuse, pump relay, kickstand switch, kill switch, tilt switch/sensor, and possibly try hooking power directly to the pump to make sure it works. If all else fails, find a dealer that will only charge 1/2 hour to do a computer diag.