Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot
View Poll Results: How should I ride at the track
Ride it stock plastics
54.55%
Ride it nakid-if allowed
9.09%
Order some track plastics and go straight to the poor house
36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Plastics at the track

Old 01-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Dragging Plastics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racerraul
really? So do tell of crashing while doing something right... heck my dumb ass thought if you crashed somrthing def went wrong at all skill levels

hahahaahahahahahahahaha

So true!
Do you have to argue over stupid pointless shit on the Internet?
Old 01-23-2007, 07:21 PM

Yeah that does kinda sound retarded when I reread it huh. All I know is that most of those that I know who've crashed in novice did so either because they were riding over their heads and panicked or were not smooth on the throttle. The speeds in novice are much slower and therefore a lot of mistakes are more forgiving then they would be in intermediate or expert. Does that help clarify the point I was trying to make?
Old 01-23-2007, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by motolover84
Yeah that does kinda sound retarded when I reread it huh. All I know is that most of those that I know who've crashed in novice did so either because they were riding over their heads and panicked or were not smooth on the throttle. The speeds in novice are much slower and therefore a lot of mistakes are more forgiving then they would be in intermediate or expert. Does that help clarify the point I was trying to make?
Gotta agree with you. Crashing in the novice group where it is just about impossible to run faster than mid-40's is weak.

We had a guy at 1 trackday that crashed in the novice group on the 1st lap of the very 1st session of the day. best part was that he rode to the track from the Gainesville area and had to bum a ride home.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Wears holes in knee pucks

Originally Posted by racerraul
really? So do tell of crashing while doing something right... heck my dumb ass thought if you crashed somrthing def went wrong at all skill levels
Old 01-24-2007, 05:02 AM
Mofongo Expert!

... or were not smooth on the throttle.
now you're stepping on my toes.

that is exactly what happened to me, lost the rear on the gas out of t1. it was my 4th session, and i should have been smoother. oh well...
Old 01-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Dragging Plastics

I get what you were saying. It was still funny though.
Do you have to argue over stupid pointless shit on the Internet?