Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Question on SR-22 Insurance

Old 12-29-2006, 11:00 AM
Resident Dingo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on SR-22 Insurance

My friend's license is currently suspended for (30 days) excessive points within 1 year. he gets it back January 19th. he just received a letter from the State of Florida in regards to SR-22 bodily injury and property damage liability insurance.

From him:
Now I know that in the State of Florida motorcyclist do not have to have insurance. I do have insurance on my Motorcycle.

Will I be required to have SR-22 insurance for my motorcycle when I get my license back January 19th?

It says I can file an appeal pursuant to Section 322.31, F.S., but I have 16 points on my license, I don't know how well I would win that case.

Someone please fill me in on what I should do, or any information that would help regarding SR-22 insurance.

Thank you guys.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

--Brandon
Old 12-29-2006, 11:43 AM
sergee-hoe

im not sure if there is sr-22 insurance for motorcycles.

an sr-22 is basically a form that is filed by the insureds company to the state proving the particular individual has the proper coverages.

as long as he has an sr-22 on his car insurance then he should be ok.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:54 PM
Custom User Title

Its about a hundred a month for insurance on the SR-22, but thats just for a quarter ownership......

Now for a motorcycle - I have no clue.....
Old 12-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Shake n' Bake

If you had full coverage on anything before your license got suspended and still have it then you dont have to get the SR22, if not then you have to get it otherwise you will not be able to get your license back, and you will get a letter about all this and having to prove it.......

Old 12-29-2006, 01:40 PM
My Balls Hurt

ya i have to pay $180 a month just for a a sr-22. thats just for the driving lic(no car)..

my bike isnt insured... so none is need..

now in va. i dont need a a sr-22... sum weird shit!

AIM- B16aTeggy
Old 12-29-2006, 02:39 PM

i'm in this position myself.

u have to obtain a non owners policy JUST TO HAVE UR LICENSE

thats the way sr-22 works

now whether or not u decide to insure the motorcycle is ur business but it is not required by the state.

i myself have to carry it for like the next three years and it costs me about 130 bucks a month with trustway insurance

i myself have a rediculous driving record so i had the hardest time finding a place that would actually take me

hopefully ulll be in a little bit better standing

TR's Tactical Trunk Monkey Crew #001
Midgets and Beer!!!
the book of faces
Old 12-29-2006, 02:52 PM
All Vacuum

The way I always understood sr-22 was that its insurence for your liscense and not neccessarly for your vehicle. I could be totaly wrong. I would consult the state or an atorny or something.

Toys are fun, atleast they dont say NO.

Like to drink buy a drinking tee
http://www.tampaforums.com/forums/mi...s-more-289609/

Old 12-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Col. John Hannibal Smith

An SR-22 is a filing which is attached to an automobile liability policy that communicates your insurance status with the state... If you policy cancels, an SR-26 is sent to the DMV saying that your SR-22 is cancelled and so is your license at that point.

Unfortunately, he will have to have a auto policy whether he has a car or not in order to keep his license.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Col. John Hannibal Smith

Originally Posted by Rales
The way I always understood sr-22 was that its insurence for your liscense and not neccessarly for your vehicle. I could be totaly wrong. I would consult the state or an atorny or something.
I have worked in auto ins for 7 years and am a Sup.

It is liability for an auto so that *if* you drive a car you are covered for OTHER peoples damages because the state has found you to be a bit of a danger on the public roadways.... It is simply a form that is a part of your auto policy... You have to get a non-owners policy as stated above if you don't have a car ( Basically you cover yourself for any car you ride in for liability)
Old 12-29-2006, 03:28 PM
sergee-hoe

stealth

where do you work? have any open positions? ive been doing insurance for about a 1 1/2 yrs now and i have a 20-44 license which lets me write all personal lines, but no commercial. im tired of the place im at because i cant apply my knowledge, nor am i learning anything which makes me feel as if i am wasting my time.

lmk!!!!