Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

bike is acting up

Old 11-08-2006, 08:32 AM
sergee-hoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bike is acting up

i went riding sunday. i crank her up fine, let her warm up, go to my friends house, relax for a little while, and when we were leaving the bike would not start. all the lights came on, but the bike refused to crank. we pushed the bike down the street and popped the clutch. the bike started up fine so i figured it was a bad battery. anyways we go riding and the bike did this to me everytime i turned it off.

so yesterday i decide to see if it would start and BAM the bike started with no issues. wtf is the deal?

the battery did not charge at all while i was riding, but when i let it sit for a day it charged up?? im confused...
Old 11-08-2006, 08:41 AM

Did you check the terminals to make sure they are securely tightened?? I had a loose bolt/nut on one of mine and it would do this periodically until i checked it out.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:11 PM
TraumaInDHead

check ur stator.. stator wires.. etc.. I know my stator wire on the R1 i had kept melting and it would do something similar to this.. the battery wouldn't charge bc of it.. so i put it on a battery tender.. charged the battery and traded that pos yam for another busa..
Old 11-14-2006, 04:29 PM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

its not a dead battery...

sounds like it wasn't even trying to turn over, which it would if the batt was weak.

sounds like you were trying to start it in gear without the clutch in, or at least that kinda thing.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:30 PM
The little 5.0 that could

Sounds like a bad connection.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:00 PM
you think I care....why?

Originally Posted by KrazyInKamo
check ur stator.. stator wires.. etc.. I know my stator wire on the R1 i had kept melting and it would do something similar to this.. the battery wouldn't charge bc of it.. so i put it on a battery tender.. charged the battery and traded that pos yam for another busa..
+100000000000000 my bike was doing the same thing, and it was the Stator.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:54 PM
is breaking shit

i've noticed alot of guys try to strt their bikes while they are still on the kick stand. there is a nuetral position switch and a kickstand safety switched. if its in nuetral you have to put the kick stand up then down again an try to start it with the kick stand down. i had the same problem on my 06 GSXR 750 they have defective safety switchs by the kickstands.
I think I still take the "stupid owner" of the month award here.
RIP Tad.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:51 PM
sergee-hoe

i figured it out. recently the clutch lever bolt fell out and its been on order for the past week. i replaced it with a different bolt that fit, but the bolt would leave a little slack in the lever. i have to pull the lever up a little to start the bike. it starts fine, but im still waiting on the bolt.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:34 AM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

wow... I had a pretty close guess with the little bit of info you gave.

glad you found it.