Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

What is the best full exhaust setup

Old 09-03-2006, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best full exhaust setup

Im looking to buy a full exhaust system for my 01 GSXR 750. What is the best preformance wise between D&D, Yoshimura, or Muzzy?
Old 09-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Too Much is ALMOST Enough

Yoshimura's good, but I would get an Akrapovic or Arrow. I wouldnt even think about buying a D&D.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:52 PM
150+ in the emergencylane

unless you like spending an ass load of $$$ (akro, Yosh, and arrow)

best hp per dollar out of a pipe= M4 hands down.

AIM:gsxrpat76
Old 09-03-2006, 07:50 PM
IM SPICEY!!!

yoshi IMO..i had the TRS trioval on my 03 gixxer and it was awesome. sound and performance..found it off ebay for 350 full system in perfect condition.

AIM:gixxerdan11
Old 09-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Mofongo Expert!

I would prob opt for the D&D... people don't like them because they are loud, but they are actually a very good 4/2/1 design with as derestricted muffler as you will find (why they are loud).

I had a Show&Go\Carbon D&D on my old ZX6, & it was a monster on mid\top end.

D&D has been around for a long time & I am kind of surprised with the bad rap they are gettin on the street. If something has gone down with the co of late, I'd like to know.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:17 PM
150+ in the emergencylane

Originally Posted by racerraul
I would prob opt for the D&D... people don't like them because they are loud, but they are actually a very good 4/2/1 design with as derestricted muffler as you will find (why they are loud).

I had a Show&Go\Carbon D&D on my old ZX6, & it was a monster on mid\top end.

D&D has been around for a long time & I am kind of surprised with the bad rap they are gettin on the street. If something has gone down with the co of late, I'd like to know.
i cut my yosh TRC in half took out most of the baffeling.....and my GSXR1000 still isnt as lound as this old ass Katana 600 with a full D&D.

its not so much that they are loud, but they sound terrible.

bad combo, just listen to most civics. (low blow on civic owners)

AIM:gsxrpat76
Old 09-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Mofongo Expert!

Originally Posted by C4_crusin
i cut my yosh TRC in half took out most of the baffeling.....and my GSXR1000 still isnt as lound as this old ass Katana 600 with a full D&D.

its not so much that they are loud, but they sound terrible.

bad combo, just listen to most civics. (low blow on civic owners)
I can assure you... my ZX6 sounded like no Kan-atuna.

Let's try comparing apples to apples...

The mechanic that installed & tuned the jetkit on my ZX6 also had it on his 93 CBR900RR. His was ceramic coated & carbon can. His didn't sound like my ZX6 let alone a Kan-atuna. You can put the same pipe on your gixxer 1k & the Kan-atuna & regardless of brand they'll sound diff.

Despite how loud they can be... the D&D 4/2/1 desing & straight through muffler helps make a ton of power. I don't have one on my Z because they don't make one for it... otherwise, I would own another FS from them. My Z only revs to 11k so it should be somewhat mellower than my 14k reving zx6.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:45 AM

Mussys have an all around great sound , but their not putting down the Hp on the charts like yoshi or hindle...Hindle on the other hand doesnt have the sound quality of yoshi or d&d or mussy...Yoshis have been widely used on suzuki and have some of the best ratings.. I wouldnt go D&D unless u want sound , cause their Hp is less then Hindle mussy and yoshi..
Old 09-04-2006, 03:34 AM
Mofongo Expert!

All you D&D doubters, need to talk to blueabyss on the TSB boards. He used to road race with the likes of Tray Batey (Team Hammer Suzuki rider in the old AMA FX series).

Some body better step up with some scientific proof here against D&D. Loud doesn't equate loss of HP. Only that it is well... Loud.

I have Muzzy Oval CF slipons on my bike, love them. But I can't stand their round aluminum cans. Those have a diff tone & are louder as well.

I think some research is due for some of you. Systems like the Yoshimura race systems, Akra Evo, Arata & other $1k+ high dollar setups are all based on the proven 4/2/1 design from the race track. The very same Design the D&D has BEEN using for a very long time here in the U.S. before the some of the exotic Japanese brands (Arata & others) made it to our market.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:48 AM
Dragging Plastics

Just run an open megaphone.
Do you have to argue over stupid pointless shit on the Internet?