Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Paintjob

Old 09-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Old school TR member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paintjob

Does anyone know a place or someone who paints bikes who does good work? and about how much should I expect to pay? thanks in advance

-Jaime
Old 09-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Now with less suck

There's a lot of love in this forum for Blue Kustoms in St. Pete. I don't have any personal experience with their work however.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Lethal Fabrication.com

Lol its not in st. pete, but russ does good work, it all depends on what you want, air brushing, "kandys", how many colors, etc. If its nothing too elaborate I could do it for you as well- thanks Mike

Lethal Fab
Old 09-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Now with less suck

I stand corrected, I guess he's in Brandon.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Old school TR member

Just looking to either paint it all pearl white or metallic black
Old 09-03-2006, 02:59 PM

Call James at WWR, or Mike at Wildcard Customs. Both are the best in the area.......

www.myspace.com/instockmedia
Old 09-03-2006, 04:48 PM

Mike you little monkey! Didn't know you were on here
ToRqUe --- there are all prices for all qualities around the bay area. My best advise is to go with someone who has experience painting bikes and takes pride in their work. I see guys who do it on the side with leftover paint from their day job at a paintshop for $400 and I see automotive shops I colaborate with charge $1000 to 1200 for single color(sometimes there are problems because they are used to painting cars or because the mass produce work and don't pay attention to details so if you go to an auto body shop make sure there is some kind of warranty). As for me -Single color runs 700-800, and if its a tricoat (basecoat/pearl/clear) it's 900-1000. You can get a basecoat with a pearl in it and get the lower price and the high number is usually for the red and orange colors because they are higher priced. About 90 percent of my jobs are bikes. I use mostly house of kolor and valspar but can paint in most paintlines (dupont,diamont,ppg,alsa,etc.) If there is ever a problem with my work and it's my fault I take care of it. When I first started I did cheap paintjobs but got frustrated from not being able to put the effort in and do the quality I wanted. I recently raised the prices just enough to allow me to put that effort and gear Blue Kustoms more toward quality work while still being below most shops. Well enough about my stuff. I've seen some of Mike's (killerMikeD) work and I would let him paint anything of mine but I don't know his pricing. Hope this helps ya!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:48 AM

+2 for James White at WWR.. He does the best bay area work , and its all him , no one second hand touches your bike at all...he painted my bike and had tuned it and kept it up for years with me...
Old 09-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Blackies

+3 for James at WWR but other people that posted in here sound like they take pride in their work

James painted my buddies bike and another guys car. Both jobs are amazing.. not as amazing as the stock red flake on the GSXR 05+
Old 09-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Lethal Fabrication.com

lol with that advertising sounds like the did it for free

Lethal Fab