Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Warrenties on new bikes

Old 07-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrenties on new bikes

Have any of you guys have problems getting warrenty work done on your bike?

Ok heres my problem.About a month after I get the bike.I notice the rear brake light switch sticks.Which makes the brake light stay on.

Since this is a saftey issue,I call up Motorsports and explain this to them,so I come in that same day for them to look at it.They adjust the switch out and tells me that was the only problem.

So the next day it sticks again,and I figure out that the switch is sticking,the rod that slides up and down when you apply the rear brake that attaches to the spring.

Well I adjust it out so the rear lever dont activate the switch.Well I went to Barneys a few week backs to buy some stuff.
I have one of the techs just look at it,and he tells me the spring needs to be "bent" some,so he bends it and adjust out the switch..

It sticks again,So I had to go to Motorsports Saturday for helmet warrenty issues,and explain to them the problem of how it sticks,and It needs a new switch.

So they want me to set a date for them to look at it,one week later,then one week after that to get in the part.

I tell them if they cant just check it now,ill go to another dealership for all my parts/warrenty issues/maintence.So I explain to him the switch is sticking.He checks to see if he has one in stock,which he dont.Then he just orders me one.

So simple right?

Well I know for a new car.If it comes in 3 or more times (documented) for the same problem and its not fixed,it could fall under the lemon law.

Im not looking for this,but I will push issues if I cant get my shit fix right.

Yeah I know alot of people dont even use the rear brakes.I had to listen some fat greasy fuck dip into my conversation,and try to make me feel dumb on how I have to use my rear brakes on my little bike while he rides his fat ass on his huge Goldwing and dont use the rear brakes.

A tech overheard him and told him when he applies the front brake,one rear pistion on the rear brake is still making the rear brake work but with less force than apply on the rear brakes.

He shut up quick.
Plus this is a new bike,it needs to be fixed.
Any one else had problems on warrenty issues?

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 07-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Ralfy

Originally Posted by Rotary7
Have any of you guys have problems getting warrenty work done on your bike?

Ok heres my problem.About a month after I get the bike.I notice the rear brake light switch sticks.Which makes the brake light stay on.

Since this is a saftey issue,I call up Motorsports and explain this to them,so I come in that same day for them to look at it.They adjust the switch out and tells me that was the only problem.

So the next day it sticks again,and I figure out that the switch is sticking,the rod that slides up and down when you apply the rear brake that attaches to the spring.

Well I adjust it out so the rear lever dont activate the switch.Well I went to Barneys a few week backs to buy some stuff.
I have one of the techs just look at it,and he tells me the spring needs to be "bent" some,so he bends it and adjust out the switch..

It sticks again,So I had to go to Motorsports Saturday for helmet warrenty issues,and explain to them the problem of how it sticks,and It needs a new switch.

So they want me to set a date for them to look at it,one week later,then one week after that to get in the part.

I tell them if they cant just check it now,ill go to another dealership for all my parts/warrenty issues/maintence.So I explain to him the switch is sticking.He checks to see if he has one in stock,which he dont.Then he just orders me one.

So simple right?

Well I know for a new car.If it comes in 3 or more times (documented) for the same problem and its not fixed,it could fall under the lemon law.

Im not looking for this,but I will push issues if I cant get my shit fix right.

Yeah I know alot of people dont even use the rear brakes.I had to listen some fat greasy fuck dip into my conversation,and try to make me feel dumb on how I have to use my rear brakes on my little bike while he rides his fat ass on his huge Goldwing and dont use the rear brakes.

A tech overheard him and told him when he applies the front brake,one rear pistion on the rear brake is still making the rear brake work but with less force than apply on the rear brakes.

He shut up quick.
Plus this is a new bike,it needs to be fixed.
Any one else had problems on warrenty issues?
Danny aka "Honda Rider" purchased an 05 1000RR and the battery charging system of the bike was not working on the second day. They tried to charge him 300+ to fix it. You just gotta call and bitch like crazy... thats what he did and they didnt charge him.

-Ralfy
http://www.myspace.com/ralfy4
Old 07-10-2006, 01:10 AM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

So even though its suppose to be covered under warrenty,they try to charge you.Nice no wonder why people dont take there bikes there.

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:57 AM

of course they are going to charge you money its a stealership man. but you just have to keep on em maybe even call honda corporate and explain the problem....

also i use my rear brake alot so i feel your pain.