Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Hit & Run Road Rager sentenced to 60 Years

Old 06-26-2006, 11:59 AM
gone fishin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit & Run Road Rager sentenced to 60 Years

Former Boca Ciega athlete sentenced in road-rage crash
Jarrish Outlaw gets 60 years in prison for killing a father of three in a June 2004 accident.

By CARRIE WEIMAR
Published June 26, 2006

TAMPA -- Jarrish Outlaw ran the 110-meter hurdles faster than anyone in Boca Ciega High School history and dreamed of competing in the 2000 Olympics.

But when an injury ended his athletic career, Outlaw turned to crime, racking up a formidable arrest record in just six years. On Monday, Hillsborough Circuit Court Judge Barbara Fleischer expressed regret over the life Outlaw squandered. Then she sentenced him to 60 years in prison for killing a father of three in a hit-and-run road rage accident in June 2004.

"You took a life, which you did not have to take," Fleischer said. "You used no judgment whatsoever. "

The friends and relatives of Ronald Eugene Bell, who was driving a motorcycle the night of the fatal crash, said they felt the punishment was justified.

"I’m actually relieved," said Tineka Bell, 33, the victim’s wife. "Now me and my kids can finally move on wIth our lives."

Outlaw, 29, showed no reaction when Fleischer announced his sentence. Just moments before, he had turned to Bell’s family and apologized.

"All I can say is I’m sorry to both families and to my friends," Outlaw said. "I just ask for mercy. I’m sorry, your honor."

The argument between Outlaw and Bell grew out of a driving dispute. Outlaw was fresh from a night out in Ybor city with his girlfriend and another friend. He was behind the wheel of his Honda Civic and under the influence of both drugs and alcohol, according to court testimony. Bell, 29, was on his way home from a motorcycle event in Ybor City, riding with his cousin.

Outlaw became upset with Bell’s driving and argued with him at a red light. Bell sped away, Outlaw in pursuit.Bell drove down Powhatan Avenue, slowing as he approached Nebraska Avenue. There, Outlaw hit him from behind, police said.Witnesses say Bell landed on the sidewalk and Outlaw’s car crashed into a utility pole. Outlaw abandoned the car and ran off, leaving behind his two female passengers.

[Last modified June 26, 2006, 12:38:52]

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/06/26/Ta...iega_ath.shtml

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)
Old 06-26-2006, 12:07 PM
my ass on Rossi's bike

not harsh enough, but it will suffice. get ready for butt sex loser.
FuelSlut.

Damn, that sucks that someone died because of someone's wrong doing, but shit 60 years. That is a lot, but he was under the influence of BOTH drugs and alcohol. I can't really decide is 60 years in prison is fair or not. Hmm.

-Cecil answer my PM you slow ass Suzuki rider.

MySpace

Email: Jeremy_2792@Yahoo.com
AIM: Jeremy2792
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

I knew Ronald Bell,Tall slim black guy.I remember this story also and couldnt believe it.

I think that 60 yr sentence will be cut down after a few appeals.But im sure he will get his teeth kicked in a few times while being there.

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 06-26-2006, 12:09 PM
FuelSlut.

I'm trying to figure out if he rammed the motorcyclist from behind on PURPOSE?

If it was on PURPOSE then he should take life in prison, but if it was because of DWI then, I think 60 years is pretty fair.

MySpace

Email: Jeremy_2792@Yahoo.com
AIM: Jeremy2792
Old 06-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Is on his way

What ever happened to a good old fashion fist fight? "Let me get my Civic and run the dude over" Damn, this story really pisses me off. I hope that guy gets ass raped everyday in jail!
Old 06-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Resident Dingo

fucking smart guy, ay... fucking run off leaving the two bitches in the car?

RIP to that guy and may that dude rot in jail
Old 06-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Tit Pic Enforcer

I say we send him some ky- jelly from all of us here @ bike tech. just to let him know we are thinking about him .
Old 06-26-2006, 01:16 PM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

out of 60 years he may do 20....

to me it doesn't matter at all if he was drunk and on drugs or stright and thought it thru...

you should pay for your actions, being drunk and high should not change anything except add to the charges because that means there are just more laws you broke while killing someone.... make him pay for it all. hell he failed to stop for a red light too... throw the book at the worthless fuck.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:27 PM
Banned

Thats why I dont like riding up to ybor. Thats sad.