Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Best msf course in the area...

Old 05-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Living the dream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best msf course in the area...

Ok I'm going to take the msf class soon, since at the end of summer I will (hopefully!) be getting a bike. Working my arse off right now knowing it will pay off when I see one in my truck bed driving home! I was wondering which course you all would recommend? I usually work until at least 5pm at night so one here in Tampa is almost a must. Also, it wouldn't hurt either if it was cheap How long is the class good for? I just have to go to DMV and get my license right? How much does this cost? Thanks for the input guys!

Matt
Old 05-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Banned

I called thise guys 18663331829. I took the class at the tampa location ( ybor ) firday sat and sunday. cost me about 230$ Friday runs 6-10 pm then all day saturday and sunday. You take the riding test the last day. I just want to get my license afterwards but I already had my permit so i dont know if the DMV will make u take the written test before. But you'll know more than enough to pass that stupid test. I like this course. Instructers were knowlagable and very friendly. They followed the teaching curiculum but were very straight up and offered a lot of real world advice that the book doesn't teach. I don't know how the other classes are but I enjoyed this one. I'm gonna take the experienced rider couse with these guys in a few months.

If you go to http://nm.msf-usa.org/msf/ridercours...rCourse%20Info

There is a list of all the MSF courses in florida.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Clutch it up!

since when do we need a license?

USMC

In Iraq be back March 21 2008

AIM is Urbangixxer714
Old 05-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Custom User Title

Originally Posted by UrbanRR
since when do we need a license?
You are supposed to have either A, an endorsement on your license, or B, a permit for motorcycle usage. I hope you were joking.

I took the MSF course at Chamberlain High School - on Bush and North Blvd. You can sign up for it in person (with cash only I think), Mon - Wed after 5 p.m. before 8 p.m. - the course costs 175 there - and is run thurs 6 - 10 (8 when I went), and the wkend you ride from like 7 am till about 2. : )

Take it - you won't be sorry, gets slow at times, but over-all very worthwhile. : )
Old 05-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Living the dream

yeah that sounds good to me, right near work so I can just shoot over after work, and also seems to be the cheapest!
Old 05-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Custom User Title

MacDill offers the cheapest at free, but you have to have your own bike.

The Armwood and Chamberlain are the two least expensive courses at one seventy-five. Good luck with it, I hope you have a fun time. : )
Old 05-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Hang on Sloopy

hey man, let me know when you want to go...I'm looking to take it too....either Chamberlain or Armwood
Old 05-23-2006, 02:56 AM
Living the dream

Yeah I'm probably going to take it at chamberlain...I'll let you know when I decide what dates or if you do before me let me know.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Got Boost?

Originally Posted by MianoSM
You are supposed to have either A, an endorsement on your license, or B, a permit for motorcycle usage. I hope you were joking.

I took the MSF course at Chamberlain High School - on Bush and North Blvd. You can sign up for it in person (with cash only I think), Mon - Wed after 5 p.m. before 8 p.m. - the course costs 175 there - and is run thurs 6 - 10 (8 when I went), and the wkend you ride from like 7 am till about 2. : )

Take it - you won't be sorry, gets slow at times, but over-all very worthwhile. : )

See that is what I thought. But I look up the law and unless I misread it says over 21 we do not, its not mandatory. I ask certain police officers and I get different responses as well. To be safe I am going to the MSF at Chamberlain.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Custom User Title

If you are over 21, you do not need to take the MSF course. From what I understand though - it's very tough to pass the test with your own bike then it would be to take the MSF course. The sport bikes just can't do figure 8's like the bikes they use for the MSF. : )

Under 21 have to take the MSF, and can not recieve a permit like the adults. : )