Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

2006 zx10r

Old 03-19-2006, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 zx10r

Thinking of purchasing one here shortly just need a bit more money,but just want hear some opinions on here on what people like dont like about it etc.been doing some reading etc on it so far it like what i have read.have gone to just about all the bike shops in town and sat on all the liter bikes didnt really like the way any of them felt except the 10R.Anyway post away.

Old 03-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Addicted to SPEED

I like my 05... I think the only person here with an 06 is ??? he should be able to give some insight into how it is... I know the 06 makes more power than the 05, has an Ohlins stabilizer and they fixed the front brake fade issue from 04-05...

This wouldnt be your first bike would it?

2005 Kawi ZX10R... totalled (click for pics)
Old 03-19-2006, 02:15 PM

ok thanks ill wait til he chimes in.I should have put this in the first post,but no this is not first bike i have had a few bike first bike was a 91 kawasaki ex 500 ninja.It will be my first bike big purchase.

Old 03-19-2006, 02:24 PM

I heard from another board that "Cycle News" magazine or one of those. Did a test comparing the 05 to the 06. From what i was told, all of the so called pro riders choose the 05 over the 06. As far as real world hp numbers, i havent seen any and the 06 is heavier. All new bikes are nice. If you like the way it feels sitting on it, im sure you will like riding it as well. All reviews are tit for tat so it doesnt really matter IMO. If you like the way it feels, looks etc...buy it and you will be happy.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:34 PM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

ummmm... i don't really know what to chime in with.

i like the bike alot but really if you came from a EX500 all the 1000s will be so damn fast its not ever funny to you for a long time.

as for 05 to 06. from the little I've ridden an 05 (not much) they do feel smaller than the 06. i came from a very big bike before this and happen to like the little wider front end and wind screen of the 06. but then again I'm 6'3" and don't really like the moped feeling of little 600s and stuff.

the things i like about the 06 over the 05 is not having to buy an adj steering dampener, they fixed the head light...(big deal to me as a street rider and the 05's were about useless) the real tach is very nice. the stock exhaust doesn't look good to me but the aftermarket single pipe looks like one of the best I've seen on a bike. its neat and clean.

power wise i don't really know. everyone tells me the 06 weighs like 20lbs more and i haven't dynoed it or taken it to a track to find out but the single pipe does knock off quite a bit and gets rid of the cat too.... the little I've messed around with it from a stop i can't keep the front down in 1st but it only dances around a little in 2nd so its got some ass but i don't know how much.

as for corners it handle better than i could have ever dreamed!!! one of the SK rides i went on, i was up front with all the so called track junkies that talk shit to each other about being so fast on there little gixxer 1000 things. the first part of the ride i was just chilling with them thru the corners getting to know the bike (200ish miles on it lol) and playing with them on the straights... by the end of the day i got bored with them and just rode off from the 3 of them. i could or did get into the gas way before them in corners.... i got sick or waiting for them to roll off the corners. I'm pretty much guessing this isn't because i ride really well or anything and pretty much all the bike.

as for the real racers like bob is talking about, i could deff see where really good pro riders could get the older bikes around just as well and maybe better. as they say they took the edge off the bikes for this year. i will say a few things I've read say the 06 is 2 sec faster around the same test track stock for stock as the 05... but i really don't know, never been to a track on either one. that could easily be just better tires stock on the 06 which is the first to have a 190/55 stock....which of course you can't buy anywhere as of now. and as i will tell you coming from always having 180/55s on my last bike to being stuck putting a 190/50 on this one till someone fucking releases the right size... the 190/50s suck ass!!

quick pic of the pipe...
Old 03-19-2006, 08:38 PM
gone fishin

Originally Posted by ???
I have feelings for your bike that are sexual in nature

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)
Old 03-19-2006, 08:43 PM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

Originally Posted by Cecil
I have feelings for your bike that are sexual in nature

i really like the rims you put on big red... thats why i was wondering how much better they'd be over my stock ones...lol

i'd say the offer still stands to let your ride it but not with this pos tire one it... i even had to readj the head lights because its about an inch shorter then the 55s. i really think the 190/55's will be big hit with everyone once they are out.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:58 AM

??? thanks for the input thats all i was looking for just some real world info instead of the magazine pro rider review etc.Im not looking to get the bike to take turns at 90 etc but at the same time want a bike that can "GO!!" when i want it to.just want a nice bike that i can take on long rides.The ex500 was my first learner bike not my only bike ive had 96 zx600r ninja, 95 yamaha fzr 600,zx900r.by the way i like the bike thats the same color i was going to get i originally was thinking of the green seeing how thats is what kawasaki is known for but its too much green for me,then i saw the orange and it was love at first sight the pearl that it has in it just makes the whole bike look awesome.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:55 AM
150+ in the emergencylane

Originally Posted by quadzilla
??? thanks for the input thats all i was looking for just some real world info instead of the magazine pro rider review etc.Im not looking to get the bike to take turns at 90 etc but at the same time want a bike that can "GO!!" when i want it to.just want a nice bike that i can take on long rides.The ex500 was my first learner bike not my only bike ive had 96 zx600r ninja, 95 yamaha fzr 600,zx900r.by the way i like the bike thats the same color i was going to get i originally was thinking of the green seeing how thats is what kawasaki is known for but its too much green for me,then i saw the orange and it was love at first sight the pearl that it has in it just makes the whole bike look awesome.
GSXR1000 hands down. easier bike to ride its phiscally as small as a 600 and parts are getting way easier to find...i know some trick resonably inexpensive parts to make damn good hp 170-175 peak at the wheels,but a massive 165-170 in the mid range where you are most likely going to feel it...i'm talking enough power to pull the front end up in 3rd with 180lb rider

the kawi is a track focused bike it truns in very nicely,it was toned down so you could ride it not just hold on in the direction it was going, but it feels fat in between my legs and for colors the only color ZX-10R to get is black(it covers up the fatness a little bit better)

but all the liter bikes will get up and GO!!

AIM:gsxrpat76
Old 03-20-2006, 08:00 AM
150+ in the emergencylane

Originally Posted by ???
quick pic of the pipe...
i like what direction thire going here with the under tail pipe, but i just looks out of place. like its sticking outi would be way more bad ass intregrated into the subframe and hung tighter like the R1/1000rr exhausts

though the akro looked sweet but just that one pipe just seems it would interfere with the suspension under high load, like the tire is going to rub on the can

AIM:gsxrpat76