Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Kangaroo Leather Racing Suits.

Old 01-30-2006, 01:58 PM
FuelSlut.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kangaroo Leather Racing Suits.

I have been looking into either the 1 or 2 piece Kangaroo Leather Racing Suits. In a couple months, I will be taking a Racing course for MotoGP style racing. Instead of renting out leathers, I might as well just buy them. From experience what would you guys get? Picture's, Prices, and Links would be helpful. I would also need some boots to go along with the whole suit. I really don't know much about them, or which is better the 1 or 2 piece. All information on Full Leather suits would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
-Jeremy.

MySpace

Email: Jeremy_2792@Yahoo.com
AIM: Jeremy2792
Old 01-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Dragging Plastics

Are you talking about roadracing?

As for leathers, One piece leathers are more track/race oriented. 2-piece leathers are more street/track oriented. It's nice to be able to take your jacket off on a street ride when you stop for food or gas. 1-peice leathers are also more form fitted for when your actually on the bike.

As for brand I prefer Teknic and Alpinestars. I've also heard good things about the MotoGP leathers (although I have no experience with them). I've crashed twice in Teknic leathers and they're still good to go.

As for boot's, you just cant go wrong with Sidi, Teknic Speedstar, or Daytona.
Do you have to argue over stupid pointless shit on the Internet?
Old 01-30-2006, 07:00 PM
FuelSlut.

Roadracing. Ahh, same thing.

Thanks for that information man. I'll definitely look into it, now that I have a lead on it.

MySpace

Email: Jeremy_2792@Yahoo.com
AIM: Jeremy2792
Old 01-30-2006, 07:32 PM

here is a great web site for what you are looking for
www.imotorcyclestore.com
Old 01-31-2006, 05:18 AM

Check out www.newenough.com They have a great selection, UNBEATABLE customer service, and awesome deals in the closeout section.

Any of the name brand suits will work fine. I've seen big $$$ suits tear at the seams and cheap suits hold up perfect. I would go for a 2-piece suit unless you seriously plan to race in CCS or something.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:29 AM
Dragging Plastics

Originally Posted by 954RR
Check out www.newenough.com They have a great selection, UNBEATABLE customer service, and awesome deals in the closeout section.

Any of the name brand suits will work fine. I've seen big $$$ suits tear at the seams and cheap suits hold up perfect. I would go for a 2-piece suit unless you seriously plan to race in CCS or something.

That's another good point. Get a suit that has good quality stitching. (I'm going to sound like a Brochure for Teknic ) Teknic uses triple stitching on all major seams to keep the suit from ripping and falling apart while your sliding. It seems to work pretty good.

If you get a Kangaroo suit you'll be bouncing down the track if you ever have to use it. LOL
Do you have to argue over stupid pointless shit on the Internet?
Old 02-03-2006, 07:11 PM
BRT OVERKILL

I have a Spidi 2 piece I use now that is tough, I tried out my friend's roo leathers and the only large difference was the weight...they were light, and more flexible (or maybe it was just the fact that they were top $$ & quality).
As for boots, I have the Sidi vertebrae...I have used all leather ones and plastic heeled before these and these are by far superior. The all leather ones my heel smacked hard once on a lowside and I felt it hard. The plastic solid piece ones would cut into my leg after a while. The verts are flexible...nice. Go out and try stuff on and see what you like......
..............and steve, you are a dork man....

Only babies drink from bottles...
Boosted 00 Si
N/A 93 HB b16/18
Old 02-03-2006, 08:50 PM
150+ in the emergencylane

Originally Posted by DogBoneR1
That's another good point. Get a suit that has good quality stitching. (I'm going to sound like a Brochure for Teknic ) Teknic uses triple stitching on all major seams to keep the suit from ripping and falling apart while your sliding. It seems to work pretty good.

If you get a Kangaroo suit you'll be bouncing down the track if you ever have to use it. LOL
i ripped right through 1.5mm leather( not at the seam)

AIM:gsxrpat76

Last edited by C4_crusin; 02-03-2006 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:56 PM
150+ in the emergencylane

Originally Posted by Jeremy2792
I have been looking into either the 1 or 2 piece Kangaroo Leather Racing Suits. In a couple months, I will be taking a Racing course for MotoGP style racing. Instead of renting out leathers, I might as well just buy them. From experience what would you guys get? Picture's, Prices, and Links would be helpful. I would also need some boots to go along with the whole suit. I really don't know much about them, or which is better the 1 or 2 piece. All information on Full Leather suits would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
-Jeremy.
how long have you been riding??
you need to be able to do the basics really well.
i'd say about 8-12 months on a bike before you take a "roadracing" school!

newenough.com is the best place to buy a suit...

make sure you really want to do racing, its 10 times harder then street riding! it gets very expensive...
do a track day at jennings its like $120 9am-3/4pm then see if racing school is right...

we are going up there soon(sometime in feb) you might want to come( i will not be racing)

AIM:gsxrpat76