Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Some General Rules while riding in a group

Old 01-30-2006, 10:35 AM
gone fishin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Some General Rules while riding in a group

Some General Rules while riding in a group (Courtesy of Migs and SC ):

1. When you change lanes, go to the far side of the lane so someone else can also change lanes... ie; if you are on the left side of the right lane, when you move to the left lane, go all the way to the left side of the lane

2. When coming to a turn on a regular road, drop into a single file line. Do not go into a turn two at a time.

3. When you're on a twisty road with a group, ride in a single file line in a staggered formation and DO NOT ride above your skill level! The lead rider will always wait at the end of the road for everyone and usually do a head count to make sure no one went down. Take it easy, we will wait for you.

4. Don't go flying by someone at high speed in the same lane as they are in unless they have waved you by.

5. There will be NO STUNTING in the pack. If you stunt, pull away from the pack.

6. When you first ride with a large group or an unfamiliar group, give yourself enough space and reaction time in case someone goes down. It does happen from time to time!

7. When decelerating, always apply or flicker your brakes a couple of times so that the bikes behind you know you are slowing down.

8. Don't dress to impress... dress for the wreck!

9. Keep an emergency card with all of your information and emergency contact or you can ICE (In Case of Emergency) your cell phone.

10. If you must leave during a group ride let someone know!

***Learn the hand signals***

A. Hand tapping top of helmet: There's a cop around
B. Pointing frantically to the ground with hand or foot: There's something in the road on that side.
C. Left arm extended and bent 90 degrees upwards with closed fist: Coming to a stop.
D. Left Arm extended and bent 90 degrees upwards with open hand: Right turn
E. Left arm straight out: Left turn.
F. Left arm extended out and slightly waving up and down with open hand: slow down or possible stop.
G. Someone flashing all five fingers of one hand at you: you forgot to turn off your blinker
H. One leg extended to side of bike: That person is about to change lanes in that direction
I. Pointing to the gas tank: I need gas

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)

Last edited by Cecil; 01-31-2006 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Need to give credit to Seductive Cycles for the Road Rules
Old 01-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Banned

Looks good, except for the hand signal for stopping. The DOT recognized signal for stopping is left arm bent, open hand, facing down. A closed fist facing up means black power, and will still get you shot a lot of the places in the south.

http://www.ridemyown.com/articles/sa...dsignals.shtml
Old 01-30-2006, 11:29 AM
gone fishin

Originally Posted by Frankie Boy
Looks good, except for the hand signal for stopping. The DOT recognized signal for stopping is left arm bent, open hand, facing down. A closed fist facing up means black power, and will still get you shot a lot of the places in the south.

http://www.ridemyown.com/articles/sa...dsignals.shtml
I stole these from my buddy Migs.... looks like his "Black Power" made a bit of a Fruedian slip

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Old 01-30-2006, 11:35 AM
gone fishin

Thanks Frank!

Dedicated to the women who RIDE THEIR OWN motorcycles

Monday, January 30, 2006

GROUP RIDING HAND SIGNALS

Motorcycle hand signals are important for all riders to know and understand but especially when riding in a group. (When riding in a group the signals should be relayed back through the group.)

START ENGINES

With your right or left arm extended, move your index finger in a circular motion.

LEFT TURN

Raise your left arm horizontal with your elbow fully extended.

RIGHT TURN

Raise your left arm horizontal with your elbow bent 90 degrees vertically.

HAZARD LEFT

Extend your left arm at a 45 degree angle and point towards the hazard.

HAZARD RIGHT A

Extend your right arm at a 45 degree angle and point towards the hazard.

HAZARD RIGHT B

Extend your left arm upward at a 45 degree angle with your elbow bent to 90 degrees and point towards the hazard over your helmet.

SPEED UP

Raise your left arm up and down with your index finger extended upward.
This indicates the leader wants to speed up.

SLOW DOWN

Extend your left arm at a 45 degree angle and move your hand up and down.

STOP

Extend your left arm at a 45 degree angle with the palm of your hand facing rearward.

SINGLE FILE

Position your left hand over your helmet with your fingers extended upward. This indicates the leader wants the group in a single file formation.
Usually this is done for safety reasons.

STAGGERED or SIDE-BY-SIDE FORMATION

Extend your left arm upward at a 45 degree angle with your index and pinkie finger extended. This indicate that it is safe to return to staggered formation.

TIGHTEN UP

Raise your left arm and repeatedly move up and down in a pulling motion. This indicates the leader wants the group to close ranks.

TICKED OFF

Extend your left arm straight out with your elbow bent 90 degrees. Carefully extend your middle finger to clearly demonstrate your dissatisfaction with the other guy.

NOTE: It is not recommended you do this when you are alone.

Special thanks to graphics from: Ann Arbor Hog Chapter

Old 01-30-2006, 11:44 AM
35.5 psi, stock sleeves

Lets get a ride going.... i have yet to ride with anyone from TR... my guys and I R waiting.
Www.PPETUNED.com <~~ WEBSITE
Curious on honda/acura Ecu Chipping and dyno tuning? Call or visit the website above. Hondata/Neptune/Ectune/Crome Pro. Tuning available for most other systems and platforms as well. DYNOJET
Old 01-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Dragging Plastics

hummmm. That looks strangely like Seductive Cycles road rules, only a shorter version. LOL That's okay give the credit to Migs.

http://www.seductivecycles.com/rules.html
Do you have to argue over stupid pointless shit on the Internet?
Old 01-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BluRRboSi
Lets get a ride going.... i have yet to ride with anyone from TR... my guys and I R waiting.
Wanna go to a strip club and get loaded on Friday? I think that's what me and the boys are doing.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Can you spot me 20 cars?

Good thing you posted the hand signals. By the way some people ride i dont think they can read.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:45 PM
Goodtimes!

this needs to be a sticky
Old 01-31-2006, 05:18 PM
I know, I know...

Originally Posted by DogBoneR1
hummmm. That looks strangely like Seductive Cycles road rules, only a shorter version. LOL That's okay give the credit to Migs.

http://www.seductivecycles.com/rules.html

Yeah, they where never known until SC put them out.