Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Supralover

Old 10-19-2005, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supralover

Hey just wanted to ask you how bad is it driving to school on a motorcycle? I saw you park at the PE building today and it had me thinking, with the VIP parking and all . Anyhow if anyone else would like to chime in thats cool, i dont know how many people drive to USF on this forum with their bikes.

-Keenan

"On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him."
Buddha
Old 10-19-2005, 07:54 PM

i see her twice a week when im leaving the motorcycle parking area....its nice to be able to park right there and not have to leave your house 45 min before your class starts
Old 10-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Just telling it how it is

Not only is parking easy and always available in front of nearly every building, the parking passes are only like $35.00 for a whole year !! (Compared to $120.00 for a car)
Old 10-19-2005, 08:59 PM
ZAP yo dumb ass!!!!

I love the VIP parking. haha

RIP Jason Harrill 6-12-06: Died doing what he loved

Old 10-19-2005, 10:22 PM
is not Rotarded anymore!

It seems a little better than my Staff Tag.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:29 PM

well are the drivers completely horrible or do they actually bother to look for motorcyclists? Im going to purchase a bike soon (looking at 03 cbr600rr or kawi 636) and want to be able to drive it around when needed for daily driving as well as fun.

Damn $35 kicks ass!

Is there a big problem with stolen motorcycles at USF? I dont want to have to park my little baby and then walk back and poof its gone. I am getting an alarm system though but those seem to have little effect.

Thanks for all your replies!

"On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him."
Buddha
Old 10-20-2005, 04:42 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

not sure how bad theft is compared to anywhere else but it defanitly happens on school grounds...a while back somone on here had there ducati stolen from right out in front of the police station...i wouldnt worry about theft if you have insurance but if you dont, i would be a little leary...
Old 10-20-2005, 04:45 AM
Currently Ballin'

That's one of the main reasons I bought another bike after selling mine to her. I figure time=money and I was losing money by having to leave an hour early to class everyday to try and find parking. motorcycles really are the shit.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:36 AM
Just telling it how it is

The person who had their Ducati stolen had it happen because they parked it on a regular basis in Greek Village and it occurred at 2 in the morning. I'm sure that if someone wanted to steal a bike they could do it during the day, but the chances of them being spotted and caught are much higher.

You definitely have to worry about it but not to the point that you wouldn't want to ride your bike to class. Getting an alarm would be SMART. It might not prevent the thieves from getting away with it, but it would at least scare them and draw some attention to your bike. Everytime I leave the motorcycle lot I set off the same scooter alarm because of my exhaust. It doesn't take much!
Old 10-20-2005, 07:24 AM
150+ in the emergencylane

i used to ride my bike to usf everyday....if you worried about it gettin stolen all you have to do is make it harder to steal then the bike next to is(brake lock or sumthing) i heard that 4 bikes got yanked off usf campus last year the Ducati, K4 GSXR1000, 2001R6,04CBR600rr....my experience with bikes on campus i always had a lock on them and they have always been there when i got out of class. you wont see the yel/blk K5 gsxr1k on capmus for a while

AIM:gsxrpat76