Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

I finally got my bike!

Old 10-07-2005, 06:42 PM
that one guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I finally got my bike!

So after waiting almost 3 months I finally found a shop with a nice used bike for sale at a decent price. I had to wait like 3 months cause I was trying to sell my waverunner but wanted to use it as a trade-in casue I could get more for it that way. Found a bike I liked last night and called up the dealership in ATL. They said they would give me what I wanted for my waverunner. And I went and picked it up today. It's a 2002 Yamaha R6 in VERY good condition with a little over 9k miles on it. I was very impressed in the condition, it's almost in showroom floor condition. I'm signed up to take the Motorcycle safety course next weekend, since this is my first bike. I can't wait until tomorrow morning to take it of the trailer and drive it around the parking lot blah blah blah enough BS I know all you guys care about are pics so without further adoo...
Attached Thumbnails I finally got my bike!-18_4.jpg   I finally got my bike!-ca_4.jpg   I finally got my bike!-d2_4.jpg   I finally got my bike!-12_4.jpg   I finally got my bike!-07_4.jpg  

Old 10-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Currently Ballin'

That's fucking awesome man, bout time. Those are really hard to find. BTW MIG exhausts are quite popular for R6s...
Old 10-07-2005, 06:49 PM
that one guy

Thanks. It's got a Scorpion exhaust on there right now. I'v never heard of that brand before but it sounds pretty nice, I'll prolly end up with an MIG eventually but not a priority right now. First I'm gonna get some flush turn signals and a rear tail light intergrater kit. Also gonna get some frame sliders. Thats about all I have planned for it until I get a bit more experience.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:50 PM
gone fishin

Great looking bike... congrats!
Lovin the carbon fiber accents.

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)
Old 10-07-2005, 06:53 PM

holy shit man sweet bike wow looks clean as fuck i like the carbon two good choice
Old 10-07-2005, 06:54 PM
150+ in the emergencylane

nice bike....but whoever owned it before you rides like a pussy...look at those chicken strips

AIM:gsxrpat76
Old 10-07-2005, 06:58 PM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

still has the front dunlop.... whoever rode it didn't have a clue about bikes. but it does look like the knew how to keep one clean....lol

nice bike

p.s. get a new front, those suck ass and doesn't match the rear
Old 10-08-2005, 04:08 AM
USMC

congrats brother
TR happily married crew-member #2

This is the internet. You're just supposed to talk up whatever you do know as if you're a salesman for it. i.e. I drive a Supra and a Corolla therefore 2JZ is the greatest and so is the 4A and I don't care about anything else because it's all crap since I don't have it. I also have a stack of $20 bills in front of me, therefore 20>50 and 20>100 and 20>1000. $20 bill FTW.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:14 AM
Dragging Plastics

Nice ride! The R6's are great bikes. Just stay on top of those carburators.
Do you have to argue over stupid pointless shit on the Internet?
Old 10-08-2005, 07:01 AM
Im as loyal as my options

Originally Posted by C4_crusin
nice bike....but whoever owned it before you rides like a pussy...look at those chicken strips
plus +1 on that

congrats on the bike man, be careful and stay safe