Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

got in to a bike wrek i need advice

Old 08-22-2005, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got in to a bike wrek i need advice

hello all i was goning north on 9th st by gandy when some old lady pulled in front of me i laid the bike down before i hit her my bike ended up under her car luckly i only sufer a cpl of scratches and my hole left side is sore
the lady got a ticket for faliur to yeild her ins is paing for the bike to get fix she didnt even see me i have 2 witnesses
now my question is should i get a lawyer?
where can i get an estimate?

R.A.P.S member number #0006
Rotaries
Against
Piston
Swaps
msn: prican8069
yahoo: ltorovelez
aim: ltorovelez
Old 08-22-2005, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by prican
hello all i was goning north on 9th st by gandy when some old lady pulled in front of me i laid the bike down before i hit her my bike ended up under her car luckly i only sufer a cpl of scratches and my hole left side is sore
the lady got a ticket for faliur to yeild her ins is paing for the bike to get fix she didnt even see me i have 2 witnesses
always get legal advice.......get estimate from manufacturer.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:01 PM
pwns.

PM me for a good lawyer. Ill give you the info of the one who represented me when I was hit by a drunk.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:57 PM

get a lawyer first off.. and second off , get a shop to do a return to factory estimate.. i just went through this all a few months ago cause of a similar situation.. the return to factory est will be higher... a factory kawy exhaust is 813$ for my bike and i took the money from that and got a full hindle system... get prices for new farings and have some one remold and plaster them , if u dont know anyone , a friend of mine does show bikes and he haldes all the claism for you.. WWR , James white....so go factory and get a check cut , then go aftermarket and wind up with $$$ in ur pocket at the end... i did it , some might critisize and say im wrong , but it worked for me and i got 1200 cash in my pocket after my bike was show worthy.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:29 PM
ZAP yo dumb ass!!!!

Originally Posted by prican

Glad you survived that one... What were you wearing as far as gear goes if you don't mind me asking?

RIP Jason Harrill 6-12-06: Died doing what he loved

Old 08-23-2005, 05:13 AM
Currently Ballin'

Originally Posted by Cronic
You laying the bike down = unbelievably smart move. Props for you. Fast thinking may have saved your life.
+1, everyone else seems to just slam into her head first
Old 08-23-2005, 05:49 AM

go get the highest estimate you can as mentioned above, but what is this lawyer talk? You are OK, how much $$ you think your gonna get for a couple scratches. I know she was 100 percent in the wrong, but you are OK and her insurance is covering you, do you really want to go through the hassle of suing her and putting money into the attorney's pocket? You will NOT come out ahead if you do that, guaranteed. I would consider yourself lucky, get a nice fat check from the insurance to fix your bike/replace your gear, fix it as cheap as possible, pocket some money, go to the strip club and tell some slore your story and get sex from it.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:54 AM
Banned

Yeah, you don't need a lawyer. Don't fall into the typical American sue for everything mentality. Your insurance company and her insurance company have all the legal shit covered, so it'd be a waste of money, and she'll more than pay for it in insurance charges. If the police already found her at fault, simply take your bike to the dealer, not to some shady mechanic, and get a dealer estimate to return it back to factory condition. Afterwards, do all your own work based on the estimate from the dealer and pocket $2000.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Col. John Hannibal Smith

Originally Posted by Frank
Yeah, you don't need a lawyer. Don't fall into the typical American sue for everything mentality. Your insurance company and her insurance company have all the legal shit covered, so it'd be a waste of money, and she'll more than pay for it in insurance charges. If the police already found her at fault, simply take your bike to the dealer, not to some shady mechanic, and get a dealer estimate to return it back to factory condition. Afterwards, do all your own work based on the estimate from the dealer and pocket $2000.
Yep. Not to mention it will tak LONGER to get your repairs/$$$