Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Going to jennings....A few???????

Old 06-21-2005, 11:15 AM
If you doubt me,try me!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by H2Ocaver
Take a BIG FAN, or 2 box fans.
Bring something for shade
Bring WATER WATER WATER WATER and lots of ice
Take your vitamins a week leading up to it
If you run novice don't worry about the kickstand
go ahead and put on new tires before you go, D208's are cheap right now
Take off the mirrors, and anything else that is not needed to run.
Make sure your pads are good or go ahead and change them now.
Full leathers are required and real boots too
real gloves
Take towell's and clean clothes to go home in.
Get some lo adhiesive tape foir the lights
tire pressure guage
$

my first track day-

i just had 2 new tires put on metzlers(spelling) and i was thinking of changing all my pads but i deff. will now and i am going to rent leathers down there before i go buy some. So if i run novice i dont have to take the kick stand off?thats good cause i really didnt want to.and i bought some duck tape for the lights and i going to take all the bulbs out so they dont bake the tape on my lights.Should i bring extra gas or do they sell it there?Thanks for all your input guys i excitied and cant wait to go if i like it my wife is gonna kill me because all my hobbys seem to be really expensive but oh well she'll get over it i guess(LOL)

By the way what was your times down there at the track?let me know thanks

heres 2 vidS of the track(RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS) http://www.jenningsgp.com/video/jennings1.avi

http://www.jenningsgp.com/video/greg1.avi

Run your car not your mouth!!

2006 GSXR 1000

1988 CRX SI "All Motor"
"not 4 long"

It's my dick and i'll wash it as fast as i want to!

Let me guess? You missed a gear!!!

FUCK BARNEY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by {{HEAVYDUTY}}; 06-21-2005 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:48 AM

you can get race fuel up there, but just fill your tank with 93 before you go. The first time up there you won't care about a couple extra pounds of fuel.
Don't worry about the kickstand in the novice. When you get on the track ride thru the corners and point the bike at the white paper with the big red dots. That will show you the best lines for you to try at first.
The front tire is very important, just make sure it is scrubed in as you go thru the first guided laps, after that use engine braking and a very lite touch on the rear brake to compliment the front. If you are going too fast into a turn to only use the front then your are just going too fast.
I am a n0ob also but that is what I have learned so far-EZ

www.ezscuba.com
Old 06-21-2005, 12:09 PM

you can get race fuel up there, but just fill your tank with 93 before you go. The first time up there you won't care about a couple extra pounds of fuel.
Don't worry about the kickstand in the novice. When you get on the track ride thru the corners and point the bike at the white paper with the big red dots. That will show you the best lines for you to try at first.
The front tire is very important, just make sure it is scrubed in as you go thru the first guided laps, after that use engine braking and a very lite touch on the rear brake to compliment the front. If you are going too fast into a turn to only use the front then your are just going too fast.
I am a n0ob also but that is what I have learned so far-EZ
thanks for your help.What times did you run there?? I seen on the site that if u run below 1:30 your moved up and above 1:30 you stay in novice?? do they sell ultimate 4 there or just high octane i was told the ultimate 4 is best for stock motors?? I just plan on taking it easy for a while at first and dont get to cocky cause i really dont want to go down so i'll ride at my own pace untill i grasp the concept better then push a little harder each time. Thanks again for your input.

2006 GSXR 1000

1988 CRX SI "All Motor"
"not 4 long"

Old 06-21-2005, 06:00 PM

I didn't get any times recorded, I was just wanting to stay with the group thru the corners and blaze by them drag style in the straights.
Do your self a favor and don't over do the performance stuff. Just ride the bike in it's safest setup like you would if you were preparing for a long ride down I75, in other words just make the brakes and tires and fluids up to spec and then go out there on the bike you already know. If you start changing stuff then you won't know what your bike is like as you normally ride it. Make sense? just take your bike and ride it as hard as you can without running off the track. When you get a reall good feel for what it is like when it is setup in the everyday mode, then have one of the guys tweeak the suspension,,,etc one step at a time, you will get a better sense of what makes what kind of difference. Why don't you come up on 6-27-05 with me and maybe a couple other guys-EZ

www.ezscuba.com
Old 06-21-2005, 06:34 PM

I didn't get any times recorded, I was just wanting to stay with the group thru the corners and blaze by them drag style in the straights.
Do your self a favor and don't over do the performance stuff. Just ride the bike in it's safest setup like you would if you were preparing for a long ride down I75, in other words just make the brakes and tires and fluids up to spec and then go out there on the bike you already know. If you start changing stuff then you won't know what your bike is like as you normally ride it. Make sense? just take your bike and ride it as hard as you can without running off the track. When you get a reall good feel for what it is like when it is setup in the everyday mode, then have one of the guys tweeak the suspension,,,etc one step at a time, you will get a better sense of what makes what kind of difference. Why don't you come up on 6-27-05 with me and maybe a couple other guys-EZ
Yeah that makes sense i'll ride it how its set up now. I also seen that i have to drain coolant and put water or water wetter i think i'm going with water wetter instead of plain water also i noticed you said bring fans do they have plugs there where you set up or do i need a generator(spelling) I wont be able to come the 27th but maybe next time i'll start a post on here and we can get a bunch of people to go that would be a blast and then we could take lots of pics and video and post em on here anyway once again thanks make sure you post your pics when u get back.

2006 GSXR 1000

1988 CRX SI "All Motor"
"not 4 long"

Old 06-21-2005, 09:44 PM

for regular track days, you don't have to change over to water. I use engine ice, but it doen's matter, only the actual racers need to be compliant with that fluid Or so I was told when I got there. Nobody said anything even after I asked.
Pics will be up asap when I get back-EZ

www.ezscuba.com
Old 06-22-2005, 05:24 AM
150+ in the emergencylane

all that bike prep on the web site is for the racing side.... a track day you can just bring the bike and ride.(other then tape up light,remove plate,take off mirriors). the kickstand can stay, use stock coolent. if you dont have tire warmers take the first couple of corners, or lap, at about 75-80% to build up some heat in the side of the tire.

As for lap times i was running in novice class(2nd track day) just to get a feel for my bike and the track. if your taking the raceing school you will be ready for intermediate. i run mid to low 1:30s and i'm in intermediate. my buddy i always run with runs 1:25s in intermedaite.

AIM:gsxrpat76
Old 06-22-2005, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by C4_crusin

As for lap times i was running in novice class(2nd track day) just to get a feel for my bike and the track. if your taking the raceing school you will be ready for intermediate. i run mid to low 1:30s and i'm in intermediate. my buddy i always run with runs 1:25s in intermedaite.
You need to tell your buddy to run in the expert class and quit sandbaging with the intermediates..........
Old 06-22-2005, 11:47 AM
150+ in the emergencylane

the experts take it too seriously... also he runs with me to help me out through turns 6-11. cause with my liter bike having all that power i get scared in the tight parts where the bike is constantly on its side. but coming out of 11 i like to spin the tire while its leaned over (yes i know i'm loosing time).

AIM:gsxrpat76
Old 06-22-2005, 12:01 PM

how was it throwing that big beast of a busa around the track. hahaha