Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Let The Harley Name Be Driven For Centuries To Come

Old 06-02-2005, 06:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF?

And not to get into a pissing contest, but I don't see how a plastic'd up bike like your Aprilia has, "class." I'm not trying to be a dick in any way, I think we have different definitions of class. I just don't see anything classy about fiberglass panels, but like I said, we obviously have different visions on what is classy.

Didn't they only start making bikes close to the beginning of the 70's anyway?
Old 06-02-2005, 06:42 AM
All Vacuum

Originally Posted by Frank
WTF?

And not to get into a pissing contest, but I don't see how a plastic'd up bike like your Aprilia has, "class." I'm not trying to be a dick in any way, I think we have different definitions of class. I just don't see anything classy about fiberglass panels, but like I said, we obviously have different visions on what is classy.

Didn't they only start making bikes close to the beginning of the 70's anyway?
Gotta agree with frank on this one, Harley is all about the class, heritage, and image. Like frank said before they havent changed there design in forever, the bikes more or less have been unchanged!

All bikes have there place!

Toys are fun, atleast they dont say NO.

Like to drink buy a drinking tee
http://www.tampaforums.com/forums/mi...s-more-289609/

Old 06-02-2005, 06:52 AM
Banned

Cool, I was hoping people wouldn't take it like I was some domestic-sportin' redneck taking a stab at imports (even though I am a domestic-sportin' redneck).

Seriously though, Harley made the first OHV engine back in '48 and really have not changed the design significantly since. You can still get bikes with ancient suspension technology, like my springer, and mock rigid rear ends, like my springer. They really are classy, old school bikes.

"What they lack in fast they make up in class," I'm sure you've heard it before.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:59 AM

Don't get you panties in a wad Frank. I was just kidding and mainly refering to the thread starter. Yeah, sounds like he has a lot of class.

I don't care what you ride as long you ride. Hell, I rode a buel firebolt and a Vrod. I didn't like the riding position and seat of the Vrod but the motor really sung.

Oh btw, here is a history lesson for you.

http://www.aprilia.com/portale/eng/company04.phtml

Major props to Divine Sounds, Wheel Tec and Melilli Moto.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:07 AM
Banned

Oh, no, I'm cool. I was just trying to figure it the logic on plastic class

The tread starter appears to have enough class to fill an empty PBR can, which I'm sure he has plenty of. Probably in the bed of his pick up truck or on the floor of his double wide.

And yeah, 1968! That's close to 1970, fucker. Fucking Guido motorcycle builders. I bet there's still pizza grease and pasta sauce on some of those old '68 bikes they've got locked up in museums.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:08 AM

A Harley has more heritage than an Aprilia, but certainly not more class. They are beautiful, intelligently engineered Italian works of art. They are made for high speed, precision racing... A Harley is not.

A gorgeous woman with an elegant dress on may look like she has class, but when everybody, their brother, their father, and sometimes even their mother rides her, she ain't no pearl of the sea.

As far as the plastic panels... They are there because of a specific purpose: to deflect wind so as to create less of a profile through the air when going at a high rate of speed, and also to save weight. They are built for racing and they do it well.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:16 AM
Banned

So the Aprilia is kinda like the Italian exotic car? Sleek, fast, made to handle. I can see the classy factor.

The Harley is more like my Chevy. Lots of grunt, old school style, very aggressive. Also classy, but I guess in a completely different way.

That's fair.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:17 AM

So the Aprilia is kinda like the Italian exotic car? Sleek, fast, made to handle. I can see the classy factor.

The Harley is more like my Chevy. Lots of grunt, old school style, very aggressive. Also classy, but I guess in a completely different way.

That's fair.

Exactly.

I personally like Harley's, but for completely different reasons than why I like Aprilia's. Mainly just the heritage factor.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:20 AM
Banned

That's cause the heritage factor kicks ass. You also get great American citizens riding them, like the starter of this thread!
Old 06-02-2005, 07:29 AM

That's cause the heritage factor kicks ass. You also get great American citizens riding them, like the starter of this thread!
Even the yuppies who wear pink shirts, khakis, and sandals while riding them? You know, its great that HD is making money off these fucks, but goddamn. When your 45 year old, mid life crisis experiencing, golf playing, in the closet doctor next door "rides" (and i use that term loosely) to work with one, it just kinda makes you cry inside. And not in the good way.

BUT (and I mean a big BUTT), I'm more of a fan of the 200lb old Harley bitches... The kind that'll tear your arm off and eat it in front of you!

Quick Reply: Let The Harley Name Be Driven For Centuries To Come