Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

PCIII or PCIIIr

Old 04-22-2005, 06:24 AM
They call me Buz...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PCIII or PCIIIr

Is it worth the extra money to get the PCIIIr? All I have right now is the Yosh bolt-on, but there will be more to come after my vacation. I'm hoping to pick upbone of these up in the next few weeks, so any input is appreciated.

2004 GSXR 750 - Yosh CF RS3 bolt-on, -1 front, DID, Watsen Design flush mounts, LP rear LEDs, Vortex frame sliders, Blue Puig DB, Pirelli Diablos

"Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." - Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Old 04-22-2005, 07:02 AM
gone fishin

Power Commander III

The Power Commander III was introduced in 2000 and is externally similar to the PCII. The PCIII utilizes "direct injector control" technology to control the fuel curve for models that do not possess the appropriate sensors to allow sufficient fuel adjustment using the PCII technology. The PCIII takes the injector pulse from the ECU and changes the pulse width signal to the injectors.This unit allows "Fuel Only" adjustment.

Power Commander IIIr

The Power Commander IIIr was introduced in November 2000 and utilizes the same "direct injector control" technology as the PCIII. The "r" version contains additional circuitry and in some cases, additional connectors, which allow Ignition adjustment as well as fuel adjustment. Ignition adjustments can provide very positive results on the race track, where factors like special fuel and highly tuned engines are used.

Power Commander IIIusb

The Power Commander IIIusb was introduced in 2003 and utilizes the same "direct injector control" technology as the PCIII. The USB (Universal Serial Bus) port provides an instant, no-hassle way to connect the Power Commander module to a computer. This model also features an expansion port for future add-on modules like an ignition module.

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)
Old 04-22-2005, 07:03 AM
gone fishin

http://www.powercommander.com/featversions.shtml

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Old 04-22-2005, 07:03 AM
Dragging Plastics

I'll make this easy for you...

They only make a PCIII USB for your bike.
Do you have to argue over stupid pointless shit on the Internet?
Old 04-22-2005, 07:04 AM
gone fishin

Originally Posted by DogBoneR1
I'll make this easy for you...

They only make a PCIII USB for your bike.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:42 PM

damn that was easy dogbone to the rescue

[/SIGPIC]
Old 04-22-2005, 03:39 PM
They call me Buz...

Thanks Dogbone, I apologize for the squidly question. PCIIIusb it is. lol

2004 GSXR 750 - Yosh CF RS3 bolt-on, -1 front, DID, Watsen Design flush mounts, LP rear LEDs, Vortex frame sliders, Blue Puig DB, Pirelli Diablos

"Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." - Samuel Langhorne Clemens