Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

it finally happened

Old 04-17-2005, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it finally happened (bike down)

coming from 41 last night goin to ybor in a turn light i was going about 25 when this guy in a kawasaki clipped the front end of the bike i went down both sides of the bikes plastics are done the front nose is cracked, the gear shifter and the rear break leaver broke off. the fpH guy told me that it was my fault he said i rear ented the guy. there is no rear end damage on the bike only damage is on the left side where he ran into me. WTF do i do im so confused this is my first accident in a bike or a car. please give input

[/SIGPIC]

Last edited by airmanhoward; 04-17-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:57 PM

how long have you been riding for? and where do you live at? i think you said before that this is your first bike and you live in st pete. if so you have been riding for like a month...you should have jsut stayed local and learned until you got comfortable on the bike and then when out....you have insurance for it? If not hit up ebay and try to get th parts that you need...goodluck man and i hope that you learned a lesson from this.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:11 PM

i ve been riding for maybe 3 weeks, youre right about the local riding i thin i learned my lesson. but what should i do about the cop saying the accident was my fault i got 2 people that says it wasnt my fault they were behind me in a car. the FHP officer sat it was my fault. the the tampa officer showed up first the said it was his fault because he came into my lane to make an illegal turn im so confused

[/SIGPIC]
Old 04-17-2005, 01:21 PM

can anyone recommend a good repair shop

[/SIGPIC]
Old 04-17-2005, 01:39 PM
Ridus Fastimus

thats sucks dude. Especially because you just got the bike. Take it easy once you get it fixed. Ride the streets and learn a little more before you go to Ybor and 41. So many accidents happen either "there" "on the way there" or "on the way home from there" Get some practice, and good luck with the bike
Old 04-17-2005, 01:43 PM

thx

[/SIGPIC]
Old 04-17-2005, 02:37 PM

Ignore the FHP... The Tampa PD cop is right. Not surprising too, the sheriffs and troopers are the biggest assholes, but the TPD is usually pretty cool.

In any case, make an insurance claim or replace the parts yourself. It won't be that expensive or that hard. Plastics and levers are nothing to replace if you know how to use a screwdriver. Go look on ebay and you'll find them cheap enough.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by StPeteGXRfrek
thats sucks dude. Especially because you just got the bike. Take it easy once you get it fixed. Ride the streets and learn a little more before you go to Ybor and 41. So many accidents happen either "there" "on the way there" or "on the way home from there" Get some practice, and good luck with the bike
+1 as for the cop take it to court and bring the ppl with you see if the TPD will show up as well and it should get throw out with no problem
Old 04-17-2005, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by 00SiVTEC
+1 as for the cop take it to court and bring the ppl with you see if the TPD will show up as well and it should get throw out with no problem
yep that is what you do
Old 04-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Errare Humanum Est

Originally Posted by 00SiVTEC
Agreed.

Quick Reply: it finally happened