Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

some advice please..

Old 12-05-2004, 03:28 PM
Righteous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Nightcrawler
Call me a bike noob, but just out of curiosity. Why would it be harder to low/high side a 600 bike? Not alot of power?
Well, I suppose any bike can be lowsided in the right conditions. On a highside, unless you are downshifting in a turn, your more than likely not going to be spinning the rear tire, and thats when a highside happens. You spin the rear tire, it slides, get a little sideways, tire catches traction, then BAM! Luckily, ive never done that. Seen plenty on tv/internet though
Old 12-05-2004, 03:54 PM
i eat hamburgers

Originally posted by cliffordR6
You spin the rear tire, it slides, get a little sideways, tire catches traction, then BAM!
man that hurts!
Old 12-06-2004, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by cliffordR6
Well, I suppose any bike can be lowsided in the right conditions. On a highside, unless you are downshifting in a turn, your more than likely not going to be spinning the rear tire, and thats when a highside happens. You spin the rear tire, it slides, get a little sideways, tire catches traction, then BAM! Luckily, ive never done that. Seen plenty on tv/internet though
Yeah, I've seen plenty of highsides on the internet. Looks cool, but scary and shitty at the same time

Yeah, I hope I never low/highside either :knock on wood:. I'm a pretty big pussy when the road doesn't look good. But a lot of these new asphalt roads that are nice and smooth are just calling for it.