Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Veteran's Home / Food Bank Run: 12/04/2004

Old 11-17-2004, 09:00 AM
gone fishin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Veteran's Home / Food Bank Run: 12/04/2004

The Tampa Bay BMW Rider's Group is doing its Annual Foodbank / Veteran's Home Run on 12-04-04 and they would really appreciate our support.

The Ride starts at BMW Motorcycles of Tampa Bay @ 10am December 4th and proceeds to Ehren Cutoff (583) where we stop at the food bank and then the Baldomero Veteran's Home. After that, if we want to stay with them, the group takes backroads all the way to Ozello for lunch. Canned food items for the food bank and there are a variety of items that the guys in the Vet's Home could use (I'll get the list posted).

The Veteran's Home is particularly important. These are men who made huge sacrifices for freedom. They have lost arms, legs, friends and brothers in the defense of our freedoms. Some of these men are WWII vets, some Korea, some Vietnam.

Stopping by, dropping off a movie, or a sweater or just a pair of slipper socks, saying "You are not forgotten" just isn't too much to ask. Every weekend we blast by the Vets Home (it is at 583 and Parkway on the Nortbound side - you might not even know that is what it is) why not stop on the 4th of December?

All riders are welcome, and we will break into groups based on riding style. Usually the 'sportier' riders head off first (the Hayabusa's), followed by the more 'relaxed' folks (the BMW's). It isn't a squiddly event, but it is a good ride for a good cause.

Post up if interested, I'll get more details shortly.

"Supporting our Troops" is more than a bumper sticker . . .

Baldomero Lopez State Veterans' Nursing Home
The Baldomero Lopez Veterans' Nursing Home in Land O' Lakes (Pasco County) is a 120-bed facility providing skilled care for its residents, including those with Alzheimers' disease.

Baldomero Lopez
State Veterans' Nursing Home
6919 Parkway Blv
Land-o-Lakes, FL 34639

Link to Original Post

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)
Old 11-17-2004, 09:29 AM
Col. John Hannibal Smith

I'm interested... I mean, come on help the community AND get a nice ride in
Old 11-17-2004, 07:36 PM
gone fishin

Click Here for Update

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Old 12-03-2004, 02:41 AM
gone fishin

If you can make it... this is a ride that will benefit those that have sacrificed for each of us.

Click Here for Update

Old 12-03-2004, 05:22 AM
Righteous

Ill be there in spirit...
Old 12-03-2004, 04:38 PM
live...laugh...love

I would go if I didn't have to work.

"The riders live as gods. At a certain moment they understand that they must go back to the world of man. This not a punishment because they have transformed man's world into a paradise."
- Dr. Costa
Old 12-03-2004, 05:12 PM

I swear my work schedule was setup so that I work during any and EVERY riding event, I'm here until 7am tomorrow morning, it will be time for some zzzzzzzzz's afterwords.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:28 PM
gone fishin

Click here for Thread

Click here for details