Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

I joined the midlife crisis club...

Old 08-31-2004, 04:52 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I joined the midlife crisis club...

... and bought a Harley yesterday. I'm 22 years old, so I doubt I'm having a midlife crisis

Seriously though, the fucker is really nice compared to my Honda. A lot slower, but the ride is smoother and bike has a lot of attention to detail. What it lacks in engine it really does make up in build quality. Now I know what all the fuss is about, it's almost like riding on a Cadillac. It's just smoove.

Now I just need to find someone to buy my Honda
Old 08-31-2004, 05:12 AM
TraumaInDHead

why'd u go with the springer? Me personally I like the 97 softail custom in which they don't make anymore.. a deuce is the closest thing to it.. it's got that chopper look. I like the night train as well.. It's easier to clean without all that chrome. Congrats on the bike though.. Enjoy the ride.. (and upgrade those brakes.. you'll need em..)
Old 08-31-2004, 05:21 AM
Banned

Originally posted by KrazyInKamo
why'd u go with the springer? Me personally I like the 97 softail custom in which they don't make anymore.. a deuce is the closest thing to it.. it's got that chopper look. I like the night train as well.. It's easier to clean without all that chrome. Congrats on the bike though.. Enjoy the ride.. (and upgrade those brakes.. you'll need em..)
It was either a Springer or a Custom, since the Custom is bad ass too. I just happened to find a real nice Springer first. Plus, the Springer is retro as hell and (obviously) I'm into that.

You're right though, this thing is a PAIN in the ass to clean. There is so much chrome on it that it glows in the dark. The Honda was a lot easier to clean.

The brakes on this thing are pretty good. I don't know if the PO did anything to them, but it stops a lot better than my Magna. I think it's going from rear drum to a rear disc that really makes the difference. I still don't know why Honda did a rear drum on the Magna.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:17 AM
TraumaInDHead

what the hell are drum brakes doing on a bike? anyways..yeah, I don't like the fat boy and those huge dresser's.. more into the chopper look myself.. here is a pic of my pop and his bike when we lived in miami..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dadbike.jpg (40.2 KB, 117 views)
Old 08-31-2004, 09:45 AM
Banned

You pop has a nice bike!

I'll get some pics of 'er tonight. I got like 9000 square feet of chrome to polish, and then I'll get down with the camera.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:14 AM
TraumaInDHead

yeah, I like his bike.. it's dropped and has all the extra peppy shit.. bub pipes, filter, carb kit, I even think he has a fuggin cam kit on it.. not sur ethough.. Have fun with that chrome..
Old 08-31-2004, 08:59 PM
gone fishin

COngrats on the bike.
Here's a pic of my mid life crisis a while back...
And yes... the chrome was extensive and quite taxing to keep clean...

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)
Old 09-01-2004, 05:02 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Cecil
COngrats on the bike.
Here's a pic of my mid life crisis a while back...
And yes... the chrome was extensive and quite taxing to keep clean...

Looks good! Whatcha ridin' now?
Old 09-01-2004, 10:05 AM
gone fishin

Originally posted by stale
Looks good! Whatcha ridin' now?
2004 Hayabusa LE... no chrome

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)