Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

need a bike

Old 06-17-2004, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a bike

do you guys remeber me? about 5 months ago i wanted to sell my del sol and buy a bike because i just have had a little love for them i nthe past....well last thursday my car was totaled by some really old guy, and i am out of a car now. for soem reason, my insuraqnce went up to 310 a month. im almost 18 and i dont have a car so now i dont understand how it went up and why i have to pay insurance on a car i dont have. if i understand it right if you pay for a bike in full then you dont have to have insurance on it right? this is a time in my life were i need as much money as i can get, and i need reliable transportation. i have been on dirtbikes no problem, and pocket bikes but im sure those are far from the real thing so it doesnt matter with those little things. my stepdad had a harley and ive never drivin it but ive been on it before. all in all i think ill will be able to grasp and catch on quick to driving a bike. i am one of the more responsible 17 year olds you will find, and dont have to have that "throttle open all the time" mentality. i have made up my mind somewhat on that id liek a cbr600, since this i hear is a great starter bike yes? the other guys insurance company will be cutting me a check but i dont know for how much so i have a little bit of time to look around...thanks for all your guys help. another thing. i live in bradenton/sarasota, are any of you guys near there that go cruising?
Old 06-17-2004, 08:24 AM
Sugar Daddy - Miami Bound

just keep these in mind....

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=151301

and

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=151234
Old 06-17-2004, 12:34 PM

links arent working
Old 06-17-2004, 12:37 PM
Sugar Daddy - Miami Bound

odd, they work fine for me... Maybe you have to be regisstered
Old 06-18-2004, 06:22 AM
Errare Humanum Est

They work for me.

Maybe your insurance went up because of the accident??

Are you prepared for a bike as a daily driver? I live in Bradenton area, and traffic down there is DEFINITELY NOT favorable for a daily driver bike... It's nearly impossible to drive a car safely there, nonetheless a bike..