Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Bike Permit and DMV Conspiracy!

Old 06-10-2004, 04:28 PM
...transformer...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike Permit and DMV Conspiracy!

Did anyone else fail the bike permit test at the DMV the first time they took it?!

Here's the story- LONG READ BUT WELL WORTH IT!

Seriously, I am not an idiot. I read the internet version of the bike handbook and had it memorized inside and out after one sitting.
Then, I go to the DMV today and take the test. They had exact sentances from the internet study guide with different answers provided! So the first time taking it I had missed 5 by the 20th question. I was literaly shaking with shock and the possibility that I could, just maybe, be that retarded!
I go back to the DMV employee and tell him the situation. (internet answers dont match up with dmv answers) He tells me that it's impossible. So I pulled the exact questions from the internet review that I had written down out of my purse. He went over them, and low and behold...they gave incorrect information on the internet.
So he reset my test- I retook it. The test was all different questions. Except for maybe 3 or 4. Here is the conpspiracy...the 3rd question was the same as the 1st test I had taken. And they marked me wrong with the answer I chose. So on the 2nd test I remember which one they said was right, and chose that one. The computer said I was wrong and the answer that I had chosen on the previous test was right! WTF!?
I stop everything and go get one of the guys who works there. Tell him what happened. And he whispered to me that there is a glitch in the software!!!! And that they make it that almost no one these days passes the test the first time and that he has heard people saying that it misjudges answers.
Luckily I only missed that one and another one. So technically it should have only been one.
Happily I have my permit now and that is all that counts!

Anyone else experienced this?
Old 06-10-2004, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Bike Permit and DMV Conspiracy!

Originally posted by 01IntegraGSR
Did anyone else fail the bike permit test at the DMV the first time they took it?!

Here's the story- LONG READ BUT WELL WORTH IT!

Seriously, I am not an idiot. I read the internet version of the bike handbook and had it memorized inside and out after one sitting.
Then, I go to the DMV today and take the test. They had exact sentances from the internet study guide with different answers provided! So the first time taking it I had missed 5 by the 20th question. I was literaly shaking with shock and the possibility that I could, just maybe, be that retarded!
I go back to the DMV employee and tell him the situation. (internet answers dont match up with dmv answers) He tells me that it's impossible. So I pulled the exact questions from the internet review that I had written down out of my purse. He went over them, and low and behold...they gave incorrect information on the internet.
So he reset my test- I retook it. The test was all different questions. Except for maybe 3 or 4. Here is the conpspiracy...the 3rd question was the same as the 1st test I had taken. And they marked me wrong with the answer I chose. So on the 2nd test I remember which one they said was right, and chose that one. The computer said I was wrong and the answer that I had chosen on the previous test was right! WTF!?
I stop everything and go get one of the guys who works there. Tell him what happened. And he whispered to me that there is a glitch in the software!!!! And that they make it that almost no one these days passes the test the first time and that he has heard people saying that it misjudges answers.
Luckily I only missed that one and another one. So technically it should have only been one.
Happily I have my permit now and that is all that counts!

Anyone else experienced this?

I don't know where you took yours, but i've never heard such a thing. I went in and got a handbook at the DL office and skimmed it for 5 minutes. The computer shut me down at 20 or 21 question cause i didn't miss any. Me thinks you watch to much conspirousy(sp?) theory. But heh, you passed
Old 06-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Dragging Plastics

I passed mine the first time, and I didnt even read the book. Just went up and got the permit. I was out of there in 15min.
Do you have to argue over stupid pointless shit on the Internet?
Old 06-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Sugar Daddy - Miami Bound

Like I mentioned, I skimmed the book, but when I took the test it was 90% common sense. I missed one out of 25 because I answered with a specific answer rather than all of the above, lol...

Oh well - now all we need is some damn dry weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2004, 05:55 PM
keyboard hardass

lol, I think I failed it the first time I took it, but I never studied anything...

I was so scared because I rode my new motorcycle up to the DMV to take a permit test so I could ride it legally, LOL

Good job on the conspiracy though, WTF? thats totally messed up!

Green markers = Pay spots
Blue markers = safe free spots
Red markers = not so safe free spots (possible trespass issues)
Old 06-10-2004, 07:32 PM
...transformer...

I know you all find my story quite odd, as do I. And I'm not reading into the whole conspiracy thing too deeply- I just added that as a joke. But the situation there was unexplainable...
Old 06-10-2004, 08:19 PM
keyboard hardass

no no.. definitely a conspiracy...

that is pretty damn messed up though...

u started that beast up yet?

Green markers = Pay spots
Blue markers = safe free spots
Red markers = not so safe free spots (possible trespass issues)
Old 06-10-2004, 08:45 PM
Shake n' Bake

i dont study and took it twice and failed both times, so then i just signed up for the class and rode illegal for a week or two....

Old 06-10-2004, 10:39 PM
...transformer...

that works i guess
Old 06-11-2004, 03:03 AM

did u said u have a purse?