Bike For Sale Strictly Bike related For Sale/WTB

Looking for cheaper bike to use for track, $2000 or less, much less preferrably.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for cheaper bike to use for track, $2000 or less, much less preferrably.

Let me know what you have.

A laid down bike that is fully functional is perfectly fine as well.

just want something I can use at the track, that will function 100% engine wise, appearance wise doesn't matter though.

title has to be with it, so I know you own it legit - it can be salvage title, rebuitl title, whatever

Keep in mind for 3-3.5k you can get beautiful fully setup track bikes, newer year one on track forums pretty often with tire warmers and stuff...
Old 05-20-2009, 04:37 PM

bump
Old 05-20-2009, 05:24 PM
U and your 3rd dimension

you arent going to get something decent in that price range, unless it has no title / stolen. The nice track bikes I see go for 5k+ with no titles.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:07 PM

hmm. I see great track bikes going for $3,500 on track forums like nesba.. I forget the exact name, it was like ness something... the forum people were selling track credits on. I'm trying to find that forum again

Last edited by trancedmp3; 05-20-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 PM

You are sorely misinformed about what 2k buys you. And 3k is not going to get you a functioning one model year old track bike with spares warmers and the likes. Not even close.

BTW, this whole notion of having to have a title is a misnomer as well. If you are looking for a track bike expect to not have a title. A salvage bike will most likely carry a salvage certificate which is not a "title". There are MSO/MCO bikes, ones with CoD's, bill of sales from auctions (be it insurance or police), even blank frames bought directly from the dealer.

If you want a good track bike starting point i have a 2004 1000rr rolling chassis for 1400 bucks. You just need to find a motor kit to put in it to go racing. Or i can sell you my 190+ hp race motor if you think you can handle it. Hell, i have enough race parts for this bike to build 2 complete bikes.....so if you do need any additional parts i can help you regarding those.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by trancedmp3
hmm. I see great track bikes going for $3,500 on track forums like nessa? I forget the exact name, it was like ness something... the forum people were selling track credits on. I'm trying to find that forum again

Its called NESBA. Goggle nesba forums and you should find the link. And yes, you can find some track bike packages for 3,500 bucks but it ain't going to be a recent bike. Keep in mind the hassle of going to pick up such a bike too. Not only is it troublesome to get the logistics of transport of one worked out, but i've found through out my 10+ years of riding that buying a track bike is best done in person. Most of the time it is not in the condition one claims. So unless you go over it closely before hand plan on spending a bit more to work out the bugs to get it up to snuff.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:24 PM

Thanks for your input Tampamax.

I will keep looking on nesba, they have some amazing deals. I will definately run the bike for awhile , hard , to see how its running..

Does your rolling chassis have no title? What do the motor kits, stock , go for usually? Also how much for your race motor? Prob have no use for a race motor.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:37 PM

I have a CoD certificate. Means you can't put it on the street here in FL anymore.

Stock motor kits are hit or miss. You can find them for 1000-2500 it just all depends on your luck i guess.

The race motor is probably going to be a bit much for someone without a racing back ground. Its a handful even in the hands of a professional.

Oh, and i'm not just speaking of a potential track bikes motor. There are so many things one needs to check for. Chances are a track bike has seen the pavement at least once. And without pics and video of it happening or the aftermath there is no way to get a good gauge on how bad or not bad it was. You'll need to check for straightness of the frame/sub frame/swinger/forks/triple assembly, check for stripped threads or stretch bolts, check bearings, look for previous cracked frame repairs, check brakes at high speed, look for missing fasteners, check for loose fittings of components as they can present a problem down the road, as well as a multitude of other things to be wary of.