Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

CFR Solo II in Tampa

Old 04-19-2003, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CFR Solo II in Tampa

Okay, Psued has been giving me crap about not attending CFR Solo events for long enough! They have finally posted a schedule with some events at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa. The first one is May 31/ June 1, and it appears that my schedule will allow for it.

CRF Solo Schedule

Since I'm probably not the only person who has these questions, I figured I'd ask them here. (and, no, I didn't look for the answers on the CFR Solo website... sue me)

What's the cost for Saturday practice, Sunday competition or both? Does it include lunch as seems to be the trend in this area?

How many runs should we expect Saturday? Sunday?

Where exactly is FSF?

What time should we be there?

Are any regional-only classes offered, or is it strictly SIIR? (that's Solo II Rules for the uninitiated) Specifically, I'm hoping for an open street tire class that will allow my Miata. Otherwise I'll have to run CSP or SM2.

Anything else we need to know?
Old 04-19-2003, 08:35 AM
OUCH!!!

Lunch isn't included in our events. There's a couple of grease in a bag fast food type establishments nearby (as well as a scrubway).

Regional classes: nope. If you'd like to join up and help set them up, you're more than welcome.

The rest of your questions will be answered by the event flyers. They aren't up yet, but will be posted on the event calendar shortly.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:46 AM
cone junkie

We have been contemplating the addition of a "street tire/pax" class. However, we still don't have a huge number of regular people who are asking for it.

However, CFR does NOT have a lot of really prepped cars with really good drivers. For example, a decently setup CSP Miata on street tires should at least be able to be competitive in the open class right now. Don Alexander, and James Bledsoe both do run race tires, but their cars are not at all setup anywhere near the limits of CSP.

We do have a novice program for beginers, but for the more expirienced folk, we assume they'll go the distance to purchase a set of race tires if they want to be competitive and their class allows them.

Most of the time, we run 4 runs on an event day. We've done as many as 6 with fun runs, but it just depends on any delays we have.

As Lenny said, the event flyers will be available shortly.

FSF is on I-4 heading towards I-75....i believe its the next to last exit before you get to I-75. That close enough for you Loren?

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 04-19-2003, 09:06 AM

They had a couple of huge blowers to remove the gravel off the surface at the last VCC event. Do you think that we need them for FSF also? I think they worked great at VCC.

Also, does anyone know if we are doing the runs/work east coast or west coast style?

How many runs should we expect Saturday? Sunday?
Sat 6 to 25
Sun 4 to 6 (probably 4)

Jeremy

Old 04-19-2003, 09:29 AM
cone junkie

Originally posted by w0rd
They had a couple of huge blowers to remove the gravel off the surface at the last VCC event. Do you think that we need them for FSF also? I think they worked great at VCC.

Also, does anyone know if we are doing the runs/work east coast or west coast style?

Sat 6 to 25
Sun 4 to 6 (probably 4)

FSF is pretty clean usually....

And I HOPE that we do the West Coast version. The east coast system is awful.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 04-19-2003, 03:35 PM
All Aboard

my car should be at full strength by then...
Old 04-20-2003, 06:33 AM

Thanks for the replies, gang.

I probably won't do both days of the event. So, the question is... which day should I choose? Saturday, where things might be a little more casual (always a plus) and I might get in more runs? Or Sunday in the more competitive environment to see just how much of a dent I can make in CSP?

And, yeah, I think I-4 & I-75 is close enough. Should be 40-45 minutes from my house depending on traffic.
Old 04-20-2003, 06:54 AM
TRs Iron Chef & Party God

go see if you can take out jason in CSP on sunday. he drives a pretty basic looking black miata but does so pretty well.

Saggleman: cause lord knows theres nothing i love more than swallowing condoms full of cocaine