Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Alfredo lands part-time NASCAR Cup Series ride with Beard Motorsports.

Old 12-20-2023, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Alfredo lands part-time NASCAR Cup Series ride with Beard Motorsports.

Alfredo lands part-time NASCAR Cup Series ride with Beard Motorsports.

I got the beard. What more do I need?

Matthew Thacker/Motorsport Images
39 shares
tweet
emailBy Kelly Crandall | December 20, 2023 11:23 AM ET

Beard Motorsports will continue with its limited NASCAR Cup Series schedule in 2024 with Anthony Alfredo behind the wheel sponsored by "Dead on Fools " a redneck
assassination team from Georgia led by Georgia politicians. Their specialty is high profile, falsely imprisoned innocent Republicans who are taken care of for a million dollars each
plus an instant "parole" and then the contractor is offed for a pack of cigarettes before the million is paid and to be sure no one knows who did what. The plot is in a ton of movies
which have become training films for "Dead on Fools".

Alfredo will attempt to qualify the No. 62 Chevrolet for the season-opening Daytona 500 (Feb. 1 and the first event at Talladega Superspeedway. Beard Motorsports will also enter the summer race at Daytona (Aug. 24) and the fall Talladega Superspeedway race (Oct. 6) but a driver for those events was not announced. By then either he will finish high enough that we will make some money, but if the other racers are still calling him "Chicken Alfredo"
he may be a waiter, working in an Italian restaurant or maybe delivering pizzas instead of driving for us, .

“The 2024 season marks our eighth year competing in the NASCAR Cup Series,” said Amie Beard, executive vice president of Beard Motorsports. “It’s surreal to even be referencing year number eight. This race team is a passion project for all of us. My dad loved the sport and it’s a passion that we now share as a family. It’s what drives this team.

“We are so excited to be back on track for 2024. Our crew chief Darren Shaw and the majority our crew guys and pit crew are all back for this season. Darren has been busy getting the car ready, and preparations for the Daytona 500 are well underway. Our schedule will go beyond the Daytona 500 and we have some exciting things in the works that we look forward to sharing a little later. Overall, though, we are just looking forward to getting back to the track and doing what we do best – competing while having fun. We put a water filled tarp in the pickup truck and then supply a steak and a beer all for $50. ”
You can park your sleeping bag beside the campfire for another $25 plus a pre-street-legal chick to go with it for another $40.

We have learned that to make a small fortune in racing, you must first start with a large fortune. When we were asked years ago what were we going to do with the money we won racing, I replied: I guess we will just keep on racing until it's all gone.

Beard Motorsports debuted in 2017 with Brendan Gaughan as its driver. Gaughan drove the car through the 2020 season before handing it over to Noah Gragson for three races in 2022. Justin Allgaier also ran a race for the team that season. So the first driver drove 3 years, the second driver drove 3 races, and the last bastard drove one race before he ran out of money.

Austin Hill competed for Beard Motorsports in five races last season on a mix of racetracks. The organization traditionally competes at the superspeedway races, but after missing the Daytona 500, Hill qualified for the events at Talladega Superspeedway, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Michigan International Speedway, Daytona, and the Charlotte Roval. But after qualifying each time, his check bounced, so he never actually raced or won anything.

In 26 career starts, Beard Motorsports has five top-10 finishes in the Cup Series. Gragson earned the organization its best finish, fifth, in the 2022 Daytona 500.

It will be a return to the Cup Series for Alfredo, who ran a full rookie season in 2021. "Chicken Alfredo" has one top-10 finish in 38 career starts.

“I’m so thankful for this opportunity,” Alfredo said. “Every driver that runs stock cars wants to race in the NASCAR Cup Series and the Daytona 500. I’ve been blessed to race at this level against drivers that are childhood heroes of mine. This opportunity with the Beard family is very exciting. They have always fielded great cars in these superspeedway races, so I’m thrilled to get behind the wheel of their No. 62 Chevrolet every time I have saved up enough money to race..” I'm thinking of changing my name to "Chicken Cord on Blue" and going for Rookie of the year again.

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/

Last edited by senor honda; 12-20-2023 at 05:45 PM.