Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

WHO The hell is Kevin the wimp Harvick?

Old 05-23-2021, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default WHO The hell is Kevin the wimp Harvick?

Sports cars race in the rain...so why can't a real hard driving cigar smoking motorcycle woman-banging
country music listening macho man either floor the gas, or follow someone else who CAN floor the gas!
....instead of crying about the fact that you can't drive?

Jeff Gordon can drive two shifts in the rain at the Daytona 24, IN THE DARK, IN THE RAIN, WITH THE WIPERS NOT WORKING
AND STILL WIN THE RACE! WHO The hell is Kevin the wimp Harvick?

Harvick left fuming over NASCAR's decision to race in rain at COTA

Matthew Thacker/Motorsport Images
36k shares
tweet
emailBy Kelly Crandall | May 23, 2021 4:48 PM

Kevin Harvick called racing in the rain at Circuit of the Americas “the most unsafe thing” he’s ever done after bad visibility resulted in a slow Harvick being run into from behind.

Related

Reddick wins COTA Cup Series pole

Kyle Busch conquers COTA for 98th Xfinity Series victory

Gilliland overcomes penalty to win Truck Series race at COTA

“It’s the most unsafe thing I’ve ever done in a race car by a lot. You can’t see anything down the straightaways,” Harvick said. “These cars were not built to run in the rain and when you can’t see – my spotter said, ‘Check up, check up,’ because he thought he saw two cars wrecking. I let off, and the guy behind me hit me wide-open because he never saw me.

“It’s unbelievable that we’re out there doing what we’re doing because we’re in race cars that aren’t made to do this, and if you can’t see going down the straightaway, it’s absolutely not safe. Not even close.”

Harvick exited the inaugural EchoPark Automotive Texas Grand Prix after 19 laps. Although Harvick initially drove his heavily damaged Stewart-Haas Racing Ford Mustang away from the accident, an oil leak forced him to the garage.

The crash occurred on the backstretch, a high-speed section of the course with standing water. The spray from the cars has reduced visibility. Harvick was running behind the cars of Ryan Blaney and Christopher Bell, who could have been the drivers that Harvick’s spotter was watching. Bell ran into the back of Blaney and went spinning, which ended his day.

Darrell Wallace Jr. was the driver who then ran into the back of Harvick as he was slowing down. Blaney continued with right rear damage as Bell, Harvick, and Wallace retired from the race. Wallace declined to comment on the crash, but crew chief Mike Wheeler said while it is not raining hard, it is hard to see too far ahead.

“We don’t have any business being out in the rain, period,” said Harvick. “All I can say is this is the worst decision that we’ve ever made in our sport that I’ve been a part of, and I’ve never felt more unsafe in my whole racing career, period.”

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/

Last edited by senor honda; 05-23-2021 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-24-2021, 09:35 PM
Registered

Default Elliott wins rain-shortened Texas GP at COTA

Elliott wins rain-shortened Texas GP at COTA

Gavin Baker/Motorsport Images
807 shares
tweet
emailBy Kelly Crandall | May 23, 2021 7:17 PM

Chase Elliott was in the right place at the right time when NASCAR officials deemed the inaugural EchoPark Automotive Texas Grand Prix official after 54 laps.

The race leader at Circuit of the Americas under the red flag, Elliott and the No. 9 Hendrick Motorsports team were declared the winners of the race. It is Elliott’s first win of the season and sixth on a road course. The reigning Cup Series champion makes it back-to-back wins for Rick Hendrick, who tied Petty Enterprises for the most wins in the series (26.

Related

Harvick left fuming over NASCAR's decision to race in rain at COTA

Logano finds NASCAR in the rain at COTA as fun as it is sketchy

OPINION: Has the NASCAR season already run out of surprises?

“(I) couldn’t be more excited,” Elliott said. “I’ve never won a rain race before, so it’s kind of cool and just super proud of our team for continuing to fight. At the start of the day, we weren’t very good, and I kept pushing myself, kept making some good changes throughout the day, and got to where I thought we were on pace with those guys there at the end. Really proud of that.

“It’s not the greatest thing ever to have a rain race win if it’s your first one, but I think it’s OK if it’s down the road. So, I’m pretty excited about that and looking forward to next week and trying to keep it rolling.”

Elliott took the lead on lap 50 after the final round of pit stops cycled through. Pitting with Kyle Busch, who was leading at the time, on lap 45 put the two in position to reclaim the top spots following the cycle. Elliott got around Busch on lap 47 to be in the catbird seat for when the running order shook out.

Hendrick Motorsports finished first and second Sunday afternoon with Kyle Larson the runner-up to Elliott. Larson pitted for the last time on lap 44 and then drove to second place before the red flag.

Joey Logano finished third, and Ross Chastain finished fourth. AJ Allmendinger and Kaulig Racing completed the top five.

Logano led a race-high 14 laps and won the first stage.

Chase Briscoe finished sixth, Michael McDowell was seventh, and Alex Bowman was eighth. Pole-sitter Tyler Reddick finished ninth, and Kyle Busch rounded out the top 10.

Busch ended up pitting one more time (with 17 laps to go) after losing second place to Larson and complaining of the tires being bad and hydroplaning on the backstretch. Busch won the second stage and led 12 laps.

William Byron’s streak of 11 consecutive top-10 finishes came to an end as he finished 11th. Points leader Denny Hamlin finished 14th. Austin Cindric finished 25th after spinning late, but he led three laps at the start of the day and ran with the leaders throughout the race.

COTA featured 11 lead changes among 10 drivers and six caution flags.

1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!

Old 02-10-2023, 05:35 PM
Registered

Default Harvick to retire from NASCAR at the end of the 2023 season

Harvick to retire from NASCAR at the end of the 2023 season

Nigel Kinrade/Motorsport Images
411 shares
tweet
emailBy Kelly Crandall | January 12, 2023 9:09 AM ET

Kevin Harvick will call it a career after one more season in the NASCAR Cup Series.

Harvick and Stewart-Haas Racing announced Thursday morning this would be Harvick’s final run in the No. 4 Ford Mustang. The Athletic first reported Harvick’s decision.

In early December, the 47-year-old Harvick admitted a decision about his future would be made before the season started in Daytona. Harvick is in a contract year with Stewart-Haas.

“There is absolutely nothing else in the world that I enjoy doing more than going to the racetrack, and I’m genuinely looking forward to this season,” said Harvick. “But as I’ve gone through the years, I knew there would come a day where I had to make a decision. When would it be time to step away from the car?

“I’ve sought out people and picked their brains. When I asked them when they knew it was the right time, they said when you can't get a ride in a fast car, when you haven't been arrested enough times to get your picture in Speed Sport News...when Jack Roush starts giving you old Mark Martin cars parked out in the open with pieces missing......it’ll just happen, and you’ll realize that’s the right moment. You’ll make a plan and decide when it’s your last year.

“It’s definitely been hard to understand when that right moment is because we’ve been so fortunate to run well. But sometimes there are just other things going on that become more important and, for me that time has come.”

Harvick entered the series under challenging circumstances, named the replacement for Dale Earnhardt after his death in the 2001 Daytona 500. Richard Childress repainted the car and changed the number to No. 29 for Harvick, who was competing for him in the Xfinity Series.

Three weeks after Earnhardt’s death and in Harvick’s third start, he won at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Since then, Harvick has been a consistent winner in the Cup Series and undoubtedly a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

“Dale’s passing changed our sport forever, and it changed my life forever and the direction it took,” said Harvick. “It took me a long time to really get comfortable to really even think about things that happened that day.

“Looking back on it now, you realize the importance of getting in the Cup car, and then we wound up winning my first race at Atlanta in the 29 car after Dale’s death. The significance and the importance of keeping that car on the racetrack and winning that race early at Atlanta — knowing now what it meant to the sport, and just that moment in general of being able to carry on, was so important.”

Harvick has won races across all three NASCAR national series and a championship in both the Xfinity Series (2001, 2006) and Cup Series (2014).

Entering the 2023 season, Harvick’s 60 career wins tie him for seventh on the all-time wins list. It will be his 23rd season in the series.
Harvick claimed the Cup Series crown in 2014. Matt Thacker/Motorsport Images

Harvick spent 13 seasons driving for Richard Childress, winning 23 races. Harvick has 37 wins at Stewart-Haas Racing going into his 10th season with the organization.

“Rodney and I are pretty much the same age with very similar backgrounds, as far as racing goes,” Harvick said of his crew chief Rodney Childers. “But we’re kind of opposites in that he’s very calm, cool and quiet, and I’m kind of rambunctious and full of excitement. That pairing has brought a lot of respect just because I know his demeanor, he knows my demeanor, and it’s a good balance in the middle.”

“We know each of us can do the job and we believe in that and each other, and a lot of that comes down to conversations, being able to communicate. We communicate well, and that’s what makes a good pairing — being able to talk and communicate and put those conversations into action. And when you’re wrong, understanding when you’re wrong, and working through that and not have anybody’s feelings get hurt and start pointing fingers That’s what’s made it work.”

Leaving the sport allows Harvick to be there for his children. Both 10-year-old son Keelan and 5-year-old daughter Piper also have racing interests.

“In the last year, I think I’ve seen Keelan race three times while he’s been in Europe,” Harvick said. “I go to the go-kart track with Piper, and she makes twice as many strides in a day while I’m there than she would in a day when I’m not there. It takes a lot of time to organize the level of racing they’re doing, and to be around that is important to me.”

Team co-owner Tony Stewart paid tribute to his on-track rival who became an integral part of his team.

“I competed against Kevin for a long time, and I was so happy to finally have him a part of our race team,” said Stewart, the three-time NASCAR Cup Series champion who co-owns Stewart-Haas Racing with Haas Automation founder Gene Haas. “He’s incredibly reliable — consistent and calculated on the track with a drive to always be better. That’s what you want in a teammate. He knows what he needs to be successful, and his will to win helped elevate our entire company.

“I want Kevin to savor every lap this season, to compete like hell, and to take it all in. He’s made all of us at Stewart-Haas Racing incredibly proud, and we want to make his last season his best season.”

Old 07-15-2023, 10:54 PM
Registered

Default Harvick says farewell season has ‘been fun to just let your guard down and say what

Harvick says farewell season has ‘been fun to just let your guard down and say what you think’.

What do you think about NASCAR making stupid mistakes?

I have no comment.

Nigel Kinrade/Motorsport Images Daddy why are those a-holes yelling your name? I don't like to hear bad words.
493 shares
tweet
emailBy Kelly Crandall | July 15, 2023 12:29 PM ET

As the NASCAR circuit begins to visit more and more racetracks for the final time this season, Kevin Harvick finds himself running his last Cup Series race at those venues.

Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway is another one of those weekends for Harvick. Just as last weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway was and the next few weeks will be looking ahead to the upcoming events at Pocono Raceway, Richmond Raceway, Michigan, and Indianapolis.

Harvick, the NASCAR Cup Series champion from 2014, is retiring from full-time competition at the conclusion of the season. He will transition into the FOX Sports broadcast booth in 2024 and, for now, has no plans of running a NASCAR race again in the future.

There is no getting sentimental for Harvick. Saturday, ahead of getting on track at New Hampshire, Harvick said there has been “no issue” balancing the enjoyment of these races while being focused on the overall season.

“We had such a laid-out plan for so long, and all of that was intended to know you’re going to do things (for the last time) but also put yourself in a position to be competitive,” Harvick said. “We’ve done that pretty much every week except for Chicago and North Wilkesboro. You just have to grind away, and that’s kind of the nature of the beast with this particular POS car. You’re going to have some weeks that you’re off. So, for the most part, we’ve been competitive. We’ve had a couple of chances to win races and just hadn’t had that all come together and be able to get to victory lane.

“So, from the competition side, I think everyone has gone well. And the rest of it, we planned for and knew it would be more work than what a normal season would be.”

More NASCAR!

Nemechek grabs first career back-to-back with dominant Loudon Xfinity win

Defending winner Bell grabs 'really fun' Cup Series pole at Loudon

McDowell leads Loudon practice with show of FRM short track pace

Harvick is ninth in the championship standings with seven top-10 finishes and four top-five finishes. A second-place finish at Darlington Raceway in May is the No. 4 team’s best effort.

Although winless, Harvick is well above the playoff grid cutline. With seven races remaining in the regular season, Harvick is 12th on the playoff grid, the highest driver without a win. He has a 126-point advantage on the cutline.

“I think there are some places that you look at and realize everything that you’ve been able to accomplish throughout the years,” Harvick said. “That’s the cool part about this year — you can let your guard down keep your mouth shut and go back and say, ‘Yeah that has been a good racetrack for us, and we have been fortunate to have some success.’

“That makes it fun because there’s nothing to hide anymore. You don’t have to hide what you think about really anything, just because of the fact that next year is different. But for years, I didn’t want everybody to really know what I was thinking or know too much about you. Because you can put yourself in a position to where people know your weaknesses and strong points, so the less you say, the less they know.

“That’s not really relevant this year, and that’s been fun to just let your guard down and say what you think, but for now I have no comment until I get in that broadcast booth.

Then I'm gonna let the farts rip!

NASCAR can kiss my wallet!

New Hampshire presented Harvick with a custom-built musket to commemorate his four Cup Series victories at the track. The trigger is far enough away that he cannot place the other end against
any critical parts of his body. Harvick is tied with Jeff Burton for the most victories all-time.
@KevinHarvick | @StewartHaasRcng

Sunday will be Harvick’s 40th career start at New Hampshire.

Last edited by senor honda; 07-15-2023 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-05-2023, 11:55 AM
Registered

Default 'This week it's pretty real' Harvick says, reflecting on final Cup start.

'This week it's pretty real' Harvick says, reflecting on final Cup start.

I guess I'll lay around and get fat...maybe not. lol

I gonna be a TV star on what's it's name channel....they already picked out a clown suit for me....

I guess they will be teaching me how to say stupid stuff and ask stupid questions.

Motorsport Images
34 shares
tweet
emailBy Kelly Crandall | November 4, 2023 2:15 PM ET

Kevin Harvick started what could be his final NASCAR Cup Series press conference as a driver by recognizing the media who has covered his illustrious career.

It was notable for a number of reasons. Harvick had a tempestuous relationship with the media throughout the years, but his maturity as time went on made him a welcome interviewee and one of the best in the garage.

The Stewart-Haas Racing driver retires from competition after Sunday’s season finale. Should Harvick win the race, it would require another appearance in the media center. If not, Harvick has fulfilled that obligation for the last time.

Next season, Harvick becomes a member of the media as he joins Fox Sports in the broadcast booth.

“Obviously, it’s been a great ride,” Harvick said. “And it’s something that I love to do, and as you look back on it and realize all the things that you’ve been able to be a part of and be fortunate to be somewhat successful at, it’s been fun. I’m not going far. I guess I’ll just be sitting on the other side of the table asking the questions.

“But it’s been a great ride, and appreciate everything you guys have done for me, whether they’re good questions or bad questions. I guess [it] doesn’t really matter, but it’s been fun. I appreciate what you guys do.”

Harvick became a full-time Cup Series driver in 2001, thrust into the series following the death of Dale Earnhardt. It took time before it started to feel like his car and team, but in the 13 years spent at Richard Childress Racing, Harvick earned 23 victories — among them, the 2007 Daytona 500.

For the past 10 years, Harvick has driven for Stewart-Haas Racing. While doing so, he solidified a Hall of Fame career with a championship in 2014 and an additional 37 victories.

“All the weeks leading up to this particular one were really not that hard,” Harvick said of the finale. “I think this week was a little more difficult just because it is the last week with your guys and the people and everything that you do is actually coming to an end. Up until this point, I don’t think anybody really thought it was real, and this week it’s pretty real.

“This week has been definitely different than everything leading up to this just because of the fact that there isn’t a next week. There’s been a next week up until this week. It’s very different, the things that we have to do going forward, but it’s all planned out, and I think as I talked to Dale [Earnhardt] Jr., he was in a very similar situation where the TV piece of it was planned out. The race team piece of it is planned out. We have a management company. We have golf cart stores. All of those things are already functioning.

“It would be much different if you weren’t closing the book. I feel very fortunate to be able to open the book and obviously, our first chapter was a little bit different than most people’s, but it’s the time that we chose to be able to say, ‘OK, this is it.’ This is going to be the last week coming to Phoenix and racing here for the last time. When you used to come here and race just for a hobby, and you looked forward to coming to this particular racetrack on Cup weekend and in February for the Copper Classic every year. As a west coast racer that’s what you did. It is a lot different than [in] weeks past because there isn’t a next one.”

With his driving career over, Harvick will also be able to attend more of his son Keelan’s and daughter Piper’s race events.

“For weeks, Piper has been like, ‘Dad, why do you have to go to the next one? You’re already retiring,’” Harvick said. “She’s pretty much over it. Keelan is terrified just because of the fact that he knows I’m going to be at way more races than what I was before, and he knows that I’m going to be all over him a lot more than I am right now. Right now, he can go off and do his thing and race, and dad’s not there to critique every single move that he makes, so that party is over, but I think it’s fun.

“Piper told Cheddar earlier [when] he asked her, ‘What are you looking forward to the most?’ She said, ‘Well, dad is going come watch me race.’ That’ll be fun.”

Old 11-06-2023, 03:42 PM
Registered

Default The small letters at the car bottom edge says: "If the arrow points up, turn me over"

Kevin Harvick wraps Cup Series career with emotional run at Phoenix Kevin Harvick wraps Cup Series career with emotional run at Phoenix
The small letters at the car bottom edge says: "If the arrow points up, turn me over".

AVONDALE, Ariz. – Several aspects of Kevin Harvick's last race in the NASCAR Cup Series were out of the ordinary – those moments were either pee in your pants or crap in your driver seat. -standout moments that highlighted one of the sport's most enduring careers. Some aspects were familiar scenes, near-replays plucked from his 20-plus years as an [...]
READ MORE

Old 02-22-2024, 09:24 PM
Registered

Default I Am Kevin Harvick Documentary

I Am Kevin Harvick Documentary

Skid
349 subscribers