Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Friday Night Road Rally - October 26

Old 09-22-2012, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friday Night Road Rally - October 26

October Rally - "A Ghostly Path"

It’s Halloween! Come follow “a Ghostly Path”… you may see dead people. Prize awarded for the best Halloween theme. (No rules, a “theme” can be decorating your car, wearing costumes, or whatever… just do it more awesomely than anyone else and you’ll win!)

This one will begin at Five Guys in Brandon, just south of I-4 on US-301. Start time is 8pm sharp! Be there no later than 7:15 so you’ll have plenty of time to review the route instructions before you start. Full details on the registration page linked below.

Register Now!

Pre-registration is REQUIRED no later than 10pm the day before. Register by October 16 at the discounted rate of $30 per car!
Old 09-26-2012, 02:08 AM

On the fence about this whole rally thing and a little too intimidated to commit to your first rally? Or, maybe you did the September Rally and didn’t do as well as you’d have liked? Or maybe you just want to learn a little more about the sport? Whatever your case, we have the answer!

Sign up for our Friday Night Rally SCHOOL to be held on October 12. The top two navigators from our last rally, Ron Rice and Rob Ledwell, have let themselves be volunteered to teach a novice-level rally class. Come check it out, you’ll be glad you did.

Rally School Details & Registration
Old 10-02-2012, 03:13 PM

This event is now 3 weeks out. The school may be rescheduled to October 19th rather than 12th. Be sure to contact me if you're interested in the school. Not enough interest to follow through with it at this point.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:02 PM

Just put the finishing touches on the route for October 26. Will be pre-driving it for mileage and "reality check" tomorrow. It's going to be a fun route! A little more rural than the last one, a little easier to follow... and a lot creepier. (It IS Halloween, after all!) Hope to see some of you on the entry list soon!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:10 PM

The deadline for discounted early registration is this coming Tuesday, so get registered, already! You can register as late as October 25th, it will just cost a little more.

Pre-drove the route Sunday, it's a good one. A little fast, a little slow, a little curvy, a little dark and spooky, and a lot of "roads less traveled". It ran a little longer than I wanted, though, so I ended up combining and streamlining the last two legs. Also incorporated a new and better end point. Steak n' Shake instead of IHOP. All good now.

Just need to pre-drive it again for final verification. More entries would go a long way toward motivating me to do that! (because the start point is 45 minutes from my house, I have to devote 5 hours to driving this 3-hour route)
Old 10-15-2012, 09:01 AM
RE-Member

Just signed up can't wait.

Originally Posted by Loren
The deadline for discounted early registration is this coming Tuesday, so get registered, already! You can register as late as October 25th, it will just cost a little more.

Pre-drove the route Sunday, it's a good one. A little fast, a little slow, a little curvy, a little dark and spooky, and a lot of "roads less traveled". It ran a little longer than I wanted, though, so I ended up combining and streamlining the last two legs. Also incorporated a new and better end point. Steak n' Shake instead of IHOP. All good now.

Just need to pre-drive it again for final verification. More entries would go a long way toward motivating me to do that! (because the start point is 45 minutes from my house, I have to devote 5 hours to driving this 3-hour route)
Old 10-20-2012, 06:38 PM

Time to register is growing short for this one. The event is this coming Friday.

Pre-registration is REQUIRED for this one. If you just show up, I won't have a set of route instructions ready for you! So, round up a co-pilot and Get Registered!

If you have questions, email me. Or, I'll be hanging out with some FAST guys at Rumba Island in Clearwater on Monday evening, come chat me up.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:36 PM

Last call! Registration closes tomorrow night.

We've got four entries in two classes right, so there's good competition available!
Old 10-27-2012, 02:22 PM

Event write-up and results:
October 26 Rally – “A Ghostly Path” | Rally FL
Old 10-27-2012, 02:47 PM
4.6 liter Rice Cooker

Originally Posted by Loren
I'm thinking this may be a good exercise for my "student driver" with his permit for 16 months. What are your thoughts on this? I'm looking for ways to improve his situational driving.

Quick Reply: Friday Night Road Rally - October 26