Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

2 day rallycross event @ ERS, April 14-15

Old 02-25-2012, 06:01 AM
Registered User gone bad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 day rallycross event @ ERS, April 14-15

more info here: Rally Florida: Dedicated to Supporting the Motorsport of Rally in the State of Florida

SCCA CFR Two Day Regional RallyX @ European Rally School April 14-15 2012
02.20.2012 |
written by: Rally Florida

Welcome everyone to a great 2012 rally season. Our first event at the Orlando Speed World complex started us off on a good note breaking our past driver registration record. We knew there was some rally interest in central Florida so that is why we are setting up our next two events in the North Central Florida Region of the state. To be exact we will be racing at the European Rally School in Starke Florida which Ivor Whigam Founded many years back. He has transformed the land into what I like to call the Disney World of rally racing. The School contains so many different varities of racing. You can run your kids go-karts on the go-karts track or run the ATV's through the trails. Also, you can race on 2 mile road course or take your rally car through the forest rally stages. This place has everything.

The date of the event will be April 14-15 and will be held on a newly created rally cross track which sits in between the road course at the school. The track is 1.1 mile long and consists of a medium to soft gravel surface. You can choose to race both or just race one of the days. ERS has agreed to store the vehicles on site over night Saturday to make it easier on the racers. There is NO CAMPING ALLOWED on site due to the property rules. There are camp grounds 5 minutes away as well as hotels and restaurants just up the road. For those who aren't racing we would still like to see you at the event. Come out and mingle. If you love rally racing then you fit in easily at the events.

The third event will also be held at this same location on May 26 -27 for the Dixie Divisional Challenge. This is a vey big event where all the rally racers from the South East get together to show who is the top racer. The reason I'm telling you this now is because the European Rally School has agreed to store you race cars on their property from the April event till the May event. Sounds like a good idea so think about it.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:18 PM

Hey, I meant to post in here last week. I don't have a rally-ready vehicle, or want to travel to N. FL for a rally, or have money to spend... but I support this event! Hope it is successful.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:29 AM
Registered User gone bad

Thanks for the bump Loren. There are more and more folks coming to these events each time. Apparently the last event in the Orlando area drew 60 participants or so. I think this one will draw quite a few as well.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:18 PM

Is the rally FL forum inop? I was wondering if my car could run out there.
I have all of the rockers loose on my Intake cam and I believe the timing belt skipped and bent some valves when the harmonic balancer grinded into the valve cover.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Registered User gone bad

Yeah... too many spambots were killing the place. Probably best to inquire with the SCCA CFR Rallycross board chairman, Doug McCabe: RallyCross | Central Florida Region SCCA

BTW, here are the CFR Rallycros and RallyFlorida facebook pages:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CFR-R...727034?sk=wall
https://www.facebook.com/RallyFlorida