Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Some videos from this past weekend at Sebring with Chin Motorsports

Old 05-04-2011, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some videos from this past weekend at Sebring with Chin Motorsports

I just got back from a two day event at Sebring with Chin, had a blast as always. I got some good video of me chasing a GTR, running down a GT500 and a 997 GT3.

Im glad I did both days. I definitely picked up a lot more than I did my first time there in January. I felt more comfortable and relaxed this time around. Also, thanks to those of you who gave me input from my last videos I posted in January from my first trip there, I worked on turn 17 (brake straight, turn, brake straight, then turn again) and felt very comfortable in that part of the track. As I progress, I'm sure I could compress my braking zones in that area, and I am definitely not using the fastest line through 17, but it is safe. I also worked on gear selection, and made up a lot of time going down into 2nd gear at turn 7 and into 3rd gear at turn 17. I was able to work on heel-toe as well and think I have it down pretty good.

I also got to take a wild ride with an instructor named Chip in his gray 997 GT3, what a treat. It made me realize just how slow I was, and I had no idea a car could run around Sebring that fast, lol. One thing I tried when he rode with me was taking 17 with one braking zone; turning in with the mirror coming close to the corner of the wall where the corner-worker, and it definitely was a faster line, but man did the car feel unsettled... so I reverted back to my conservative line. I think his was more of the racing line.

Just to get an idea of my progression, my fastest lap back in January (my first ever DE) was a 2:50; and this past weekend my fastest lap was a 2:44. This is my 2nd time at Sebring, and my third ever DE (second DE was a few weeks ago at Daytona infiled). I also mounted the video camera inside the car instead of the outside, just so I could also see if there was anything that I was doing wrong while driving.

As always, any comments or suggestions are appreciated! And don't mind the love bugs on the windshield, lol.

Chasing a GT-R (couldnt catch him):
YouTube - CTS-V Chasing a GT-R at Sebring

Running down a 2011 GT500 SVTPP
YouTube - CTS-V Chasing a 2011 GT500 SVTPP at Sebring

Running down a Porsche 997 GT3 and dealing with traffic
YouTube - CTS-V chasing a 997 GT3 at Sebring

Heres a short video of some heavy brake sway going into turn 7 at Sebring under threshold braking...
YouTube - CTS-V Brake Sway under threshold braking - Turn 7 Sebring

Here is a chase-cam view I tried during the last session of the day; the track was empty.
YouTube - CTS-V Chase Cam during Chin Motorsports "Happy Hour"