Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Just wait until I get my brakes.

Old 10-09-2002, 07:30 AM
Cafe Racer Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just wait until I get my brakes.

I will dominate Street Mod, bwahahahahahahahahaha! Anyways, I had a good time at Gainesville, probably one of the best times I've had in a while. First day: Fast straights; Second day: Fast corners; Both Days=Good. Damn you, Leonard, haha I need to let somebody extremely good drive my car to see if I can learn to push the car any harder, maybe that Mazda Protege stock driver......

"Well, here's the thing".....you will be missed.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:13 PM

brakes? u mean motor mods dont u? this is auto x we re talking bout. may b sum tires.oh and bout that driving position i might know someone. ask me about her at work. psssst ill give u a hint she got a 3rd in n class on sunday
Old 10-09-2002, 06:19 PM

Bish, if I had a wife, she'd walk your wife all over the course. Oooohhhhh, step off!

Old 10-09-2002, 07:20 PM
tire eater

being able to brake later and harder would be more effective cost wise than a motor mod. depending on how much u spend on them
Old 10-10-2002, 03:20 AM

Originally posted by "box240mod"

being able to brake later and harder would be more effective cost wise than a motor mod. depending on how much u spend on them

absolutely!!!
95 Civic to get me to and from the bar while the Nissans return to glory.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:41 AM
cone junkie

actually, the VAST majority of oem braking systems are already plenty strong. Traction is what they are missing.

If you can lock up your tires, a brake upgrade is basically useless. The only thing you may want to look at is pads and SS lines, as these will control the "feel" of the brakes.

This is of course for an autocross only thing. Road racers need bigger brakes simply because of the amount of heat that they build up. You should never get brake fade in an autocross.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 10-10-2002, 06:38 AM
OUCH!!!

I get power steering fade....
Old 10-10-2002, 06:59 AM

Originally posted by "box240mod"

That was just my friend screwing around.

My brakes just plain suck. Drive any SE-R with or without ABS and stomp on the binders, give them a good mile or so to stop from about 60mph .

Old 10-10-2002, 04:13 PM

Originally posted by "LogicalRetard"

My brakes just plain suck. Drive any SE-R with or without ABS and stomp on the binders, give them a good mile or so to stop from about 60mph .

yeah Nissan brakes are at best pathetic. the brakes on our 89 integra are the same size as the SE-R, thats only a 200lb difference, but its an 8 year difference! i would've hoped that a company would make some sort of changes. Nissan brakes just plain SUCK.

(the 350Z Track model has the nicest brakes a USDM Nissan has ever seen)
95 Civic to get me to and from the bar while the Nissans return to glory.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:20 PM
insert witty retort here

Originally posted by "PseudoRealityX"

actually, the VAST majority of oem braking systems are already plenty strong. Traction is what they are missing.

If you can lock up your tires, a brake upgrade is basically useless. The only thing you may want to look at is pads and SS lines, as these will control the "feel" of the brakes.

This is of course for an autocross only thing. Road racers need bigger brakes simply because of the amount of heat that they build up. You should never get brake fade in an autocross.
i beg to differ... yes you do build up more heat with road racing.. but with autocross you brake more frequently.. giving less time for the brakes to cool off.

with some OEM systems you will experience brake fade. especially all-drum systems.

any car with vented discs up front (read: most cars) should do well with a mere pad upgrade:

LogicalRetard: try getting a set of either Porterfield R4S pads, or EBC Greenstuff pads. and upgrade to something like ATE Super blue brake fluid

you can stay in stock category with those mods and your braking performance will greatly improve, even with OEM calipers & discs.