Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Global Rallycross Championship

Old 04-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Registered User gone bad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Global Rallycross Championship

I just wanted to share... a good friend of mine (and fellow XR4TI owner, and builder of several bits of my car) competed in this weekend's Global Rallycross Championship event in Seattle in his XR4TI rally car. He did extremely well, especially considering how new he really is to rally, that he's only done a few rally events, and that he did it in a 25 year old car he built himself from scratch (and I mean himself!).

You can check out the part of the event where he appears, check out from time mark 1:40:40 to 1:48:40 of the vid on ESPN3.com: Watch Live Streaming Sports Online - ESPN3 (click the "replay" tab, look for Sat. Apr. 16, then "Global Rallycross Championship).

Some pics from the vid:

I just had to share 'cause I'm proud of him and he's a bit of a hero for me.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stupid ESPN3! I can't believe I spent all that time staring at my giant HD TV displaying that low res video. I guess that's what you have to do if you want to see some things in real time.

Now that I got that out of the way, did anyone see the HD broadcast this weekend of the Snoqualmie event? The broadcasting was a thousand times better, even though I don't like that american broadcaster that much. It was edited down a lot so it didn't drag on and on like the live feed on espn3. AWESOME video, the in car stuff really enhanced the experience for me. It was a GoPro extravaganza of camera angles. I know Tanner had to be in some real pain but he kind of looked like a soccer player embellishing it.

Anyway I can't wait for the Colorado event.