Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

August 11th FSF Auto-X Results (Images of Results List)

Old 08-14-2002, 09:12 AM
cone junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by "BodyRollin'"

Originally Posted by PseudoRealityX
Originally Posted by RainmanEK
i doubt scoobys are what people should worry about! i have not been really impressed with any of them! haha eric
Hmm, looking at the results, i didnt see that you beat the STOCK 2.5Rs in G-stock. Did i miss something here?
niels 2.5 is far from stock but once again still technically in stock class
Neal has tires....thats it. Stock shocks, stock alignment, stock exhaust....

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 08-14-2002, 09:19 AM
cone junkie

Default Re: August 11th FSF Auto-X Results (Images of Results List)

autox is supposed to be mostly about the driver and if you think that you can drive my car better than me think again i have taught many an instructor a lesson or 2 in ol nessie i beat marc dana (evolution performance driving school) driving my car i drive that car to its limits but cant get even within a second or 2 of any one in my "class" (no harm no foul jessie just my opinion)
I never said i could beat you or anyone else.

Why not drive in STS if you dont have race tires? Brian in the Cavalier has been doing it for a year...and routinely schools a lot of "more prepped" cars in STS.

Let me just ask something...

is it more fun for you to win your class against novices or is it more fun to come in 3rd against good drivers with cars prepped more than yours?

Should you only goto events that you think you can win at? Damn, i guess i better stop going to ANY event in Florida, because Elliot is going to show up and beat me.

(no offense taken and nothing against you)

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 08-14-2002, 09:32 AM
Wherever I may roam...

Default Re: I guess...

Originally Posted by 87IROC
Originally Posted by jaball77
Yeah, I guess I did okay.

I'm just getting slaughtered in STS with my crappy Bridgestones and stock suspension! Looking back now, I wish I woulda spent my money on stuff other than expensive bolt-on's...

I don't mind losing to the mighty 1.8T or the venerable SR20DE...But losing to a '91 'Teg? Come on!
word! I've got CRAPPY firestones and stock suspension! I got raped in STS...oh well
i meant to ask you joe what makes you sts was it that NON-STOCK SHIFTER KNOB
He put on a front strut tower bar.
Old 08-14-2002, 03:21 PM

Even though we arn't all coming in first in our respective classes I think its quite a statement about our little social club how well us TR members do compared to the majority of the contestants at each event.

We all may not have the best equipment and skills but concidering how well we do at each event it is certain that we are doing something right.

When you concider all the different things we can be doing to modify our vehicles the auto-xes are certainly helpful in allowing us to determine what kind of stuff we should be doing to our cars.

I think the fact that we all want to dominate at the auto-x is just a healthy outlet for our agressive and competitive urges.
Old 08-14-2002, 04:14 PM
bad ass fonzie

Originally posted by "400HP930"

I think the fact that we all want to dominate at the auto-x is just a healthy outlet for our agressive and competitive urges.

that, and i hunt wabbits with a grenade launcher
Old 08-14-2002, 11:32 PM
TRs Iron Chef & Party God

Originally posted by "PseudoRealityX"

Originally Posted by BodyRollin'
autox is supposed to be mostly about the driver and if you think that you can drive my car better than me think again i have taught many an instructor a lesson or 2 in ol nessie i beat marc dana (evolution performance driving school) driving my car i drive that car to its limits but cant get even within a second or 2 of any one in my "class" (no harm no foul jessie just my opinion)

is it more fun for you to win your class against novices or is it more fun to come in 3rd against good drivers with cars prepped more than yours?

Should you only goto events that you think you can win at? Damn, i guess i better stop going to ANY event in Florida, because Elliot is going to show up and beat me.

I like to compete in a competitive class. what i dont like is no matter how well i drive not being able to compete on a mechanical level. that's all my favorite races that i have had have been ones that i have lost but came down to the wire (except 1 time in palm bay i won by less than one onehundredth of a second. that was fun) i love to compete and try to win from a disadvantage. i just dont like not being able to compete because others in my class "earn" more $$$$$ thats all jess for example next month although i could run my stock class im gonna jump all the way to street mod just to race some ppl i consider to be my competition. course im gonna give ol nessie a break for this one and race my 944 for the first time lol look out leonard/taylor/mark/alan/crizeg and all you other TR street modders.

Saggleman: cause lord knows theres nothing i love more than swallowing condoms full of cocaine
Old 08-15-2002, 05:34 AM
OUCH!!!

Originally Posted by PseudoRealityX
Originally Posted by BodyRollin'

I like to compete in a competitive class. what i dont like is no matter how well i drive not being able to compete on a mechanical level. that's all my favorite races that i have had have been ones that i have lost but came down to the wire (except 1 time in palm bay i won by less than one onehundredth of a second. that was fun) i love to compete and try to win from a disadvantage. i just dont like not being able to compete because others in my class "earn" more $$$$$ thats all jess for example next month although i could run my stock class im gonna jump all the way to street mod just to race some ppl i consider to be my competition. course im gonna give ol nessie a break for this one and race my 944 for the first time lol look out leonard/taylor/mark/alan/crizeg and all you other TR street modders.
Even within classes, some cars have advantages and disadvantages due to the design of the car. Look at F-Stock for example. Mustangs (V8 including cobra), Camaro's (V8's excluding SS), Crown Victoria's. Who has the advantage? Not the Crown Vic. The others are close enough that driver makes a huge difference.

944's (and all other sports car derived vehicles) are not elegible for SM.

Beware SM -- the lean maching is about to compete on the level... http://www.maximummotorsports.com/mmcopkg.html
Old 08-15-2002, 06:04 AM
Wherever I may roam...

well, if I find the right person willing to make the right deal, I will be swapping chassis' for a lighter honda. I want to be much closer to the minimum weight for SM.
In the process of all the swapping that will have to take place I am going to rebuild my motor, I don't think it will all be done by the next autox, so if anyone would be interested in a codriver let me know.
Old 08-15-2002, 02:10 PM
cone junkie

Originally posted by "MinGreyCobra"

944's (and all other sports car derived vehicles) are not elegible for SM.
Just my 2 second rant...but their ideas of what is "sports car based" are kinda silly... A supra can run but not a 944 ? Silly rules.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 08-15-2002, 04:15 PM

Thanks to Chris the TR porsche auto-xing team now has an additional member . . .