Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

My Free Private Track Time @ Moroso (Palm Beach Raceway)

Old 06-22-2010, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody want some?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Every dog has his day.

lame ass video i couldn't even get halfway through!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by S60R
So Scott, you are honestly going to sit there and tell me you've never deliberately or accidentally thrown the rear of your car out, and then once you did, see if you could keep it in check or control it?

Have you ever pushed a 911 turbo hard and fast through a turn and then have to deal with the exit boost coming on so quickly that its a split second balancing act of gaining some speed back without breaking the rear end loose?

Or how many AWDs have you raced? If the answer is 0 let me tell you that its a bit different from RWD since you have the option of compromising both front and rear grip depending on where and how you apply the power?

But I'm sure with your god like knowledge of all things automotive, racing and in addition to being psychic enough to know what the hell I know that I'm just 'driving half ass'.

And to jworms above, I've been to school and done just fine years ago. In the last 23 years I've attended 2 drivers schools, 5 track events and more auto-xes than I could start to keep track of. My instructors thought I was good. My fellow racers always think I do well, and I've never been penalized or warned for any technique that I've practiced since I do feel I'm good at controlling a car and knowing where to direct it.

Its amazing how despite all that all you need to do is post a couple vids of some non-approved hand action and me DELIBERATELY FUCKING AROUND ON AN EMPTY AND WET TRACK and all of a sudden people who don't even know you come out of the woodwork to tell authoritively that you that you don't know how to drive and are doing it all wrong.
Ive driven plenty of AWD and RWD cars through the twisties dude so dont get all high and mighty on everyone. And yea Ive thrown the back end out before. On occasion. But not on a race track. And NOT to test out new suspension. FACTS are that you drove for crap. Supposedly to test out some new crap on your car. Its like buying new running shoes and seeing if you can walk like a cripple.

Don't post a video of shitty driving in a driving forum, and expect to not be critiqued on it.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:01 PM

Are you new sways adjustable? I'd suggest full stiff front/full soft rear!
BMW CCA DE Instructor
BMW CCA 366493
Old 06-22-2010, 12:29 PM
5 Cylinders Of Fury

Originally Posted by scott hutch
Ive driven plenty of AWD and RWD cars through the twisties dude so dont get all high and mighty on everyone. And yea Ive thrown the back end out before. On occasion. But not on a race track. And NOT to test out new suspension. FACTS are that you drove for crap. Supposedly to test out some new crap on your car. Its like buying new running shoes and seeing if you can walk like a cripple.

Don't post a video of shitty driving in a driving forum, and expect to not be critiqued on it.
Ah, so I see how that works, its ok when you do it, but bad when I do it, and its all because I did it in a safe venue like a track. Great logic there dude.

And you know how to figure out how your cars react after you modify them and take them to the limit, but you do so without even taking them to the limit? Perhaps you should explain how that works so I don't repeat the same mistakes I was taught years before you came into my life.

And as I say, I don't mind the valid critiques, but at the same time I do my best to not confuse many people's speculation and opinions with fact.

Originally Posted by Car54
Are you new sways adjustable? I'd suggest full stiff front/full soft rear!
Already one step ahead of you man. Despite the haters there is a reason I was trying to throw the rear end out and get it back again several times. Started out full front and rear and have dialed the rear stiffness down to half the full adjustment.

The rear was super squirly at full stiffness, and the rear inside tire lift on hard turn in braking was wreaking havoc with the AWD & DTSC even when in reduced mode.

Crazy Camber, Stretch & Poke; its the new triple-stack-bleacher-wing ricer fad that's all the rage nowadays, lol

Last edited by S60R; 06-22-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:51 PM

post a video of you driving the right way
Old 06-22-2010, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by TAJRacing45
It doesn't matter if this was a 'fun run' as you put it. You are still dangerous and easily distracted behing the wheel. I'm thankful that I won't have to share a track with you this weekend. Your actions in the car are too natural meaning you do it frequently and you will do it again and again without proper instruction.
If I was given 10 mins at a racetrack you bet your ass I'd be playing by the rules...as well as most of the other people on here. 'Fun run' or not, mistakes happen on a racetrack when you act like an ass hat.
+1

ANYONE who drives around UNDERHAND ON THE 12 o'clock position isn't doing anything other than being a non-driving fool. Id look at you weird if you drove like that down the interstate much less a race track!

If you claim to be "finding your cars limit" youd be driving a hell of a lot more seriously, how are you going to find "the limit" driving like a

I dont chime in on TR much, but this really annoys me, the fact that you claim all your driving expertise but are driving in a manner that makes you look like a total freaking NEWB!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:06 PM

You don't get it. There was no "taking tha car to the limit" You were plain and simple driving poorly. Driving a car fast hard, and correctly would be taking it to the limit. Seriously You go back and forth with the excuses of "Oh it was a fun run" "Oh it was wet" "Oh I was just taking it to the limits"
I don't understand if you are such a great driver why you made so many basic mistakes. Everyone screws up dude. Just take the freakin criticism and learn from the experience.
And like I said yea i like most people in here have screwed around in their cars for run. But its a race track. Not a Dick around track.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:06 PM

First couple times around the track I will still busy figuring out the right gears and shift points and how sticky things would be through all the wet spots as well as chatting it up with my friend.
Really? Sounded like he was your instructor to me given that he was telling you what line to take.
Its not like this is my first time at moroso. All my previous times there were spent in a way I'm sure you'd find 'responsible' since that was a car (Porsche 930) that was unforgiving if not kept within the limits.
Really? Then you should know the right gears and shift points, or have a pretty darn good guess, unlike your excuse above.

as I stated before, it was a great test of both the new oversteer bias and the stability algorithms in my updated software.
So you can't really take full credit for correcting all your slides....it was partly due to that wonderful AWD and DTSC software.

And for your information I did bring my helmet and was told that it wouldn't be needed.
Wear it anyway. You're on a friggin racetrack, testing the limits.
Also, when I'm referring to crappy tires when on a track, I mean non-race tires, not that my tires are complete crap.
Really? YOUR words, from 4:16-4:45 in the video:
Oh, these are just s*** tires...I'm on a budget, so I just bought the economical, s***ty set of 300 treadwear tires, I don't even remember what they are
You just owned yourself.

And while I've agreed from the beginning that my fun run 'resembled nothing that would be seen at real speed on a track',
And yes, in this case I was deliberately driving at a little past 100% so that when I'm on a busy course with other cars I don't want to run into I can keep it at the REAL 80% that less bold and knowledgable people mistake for 105%.
You just owned yourself again.

And my last point, as a hand-position nazi.....your hands weren't even in the same wrong places each time around the track. You were randomly picking places to hold the wheel. ANY experienced driver knows that you use the same habits whether screwing around or actually racing. 9-3 is the correct hand position for drifting, driving at 10/10ths, driving at 2/10ths, and going to the grocery store.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by yamaha731
post a video of you driving the right way
Agreed.